Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 6    Views: 270

KevinPerry
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 10, 2012
Wisconsin, USA
02/16/12 08:05 PM (12 years ago)

@David - Possible Bug - Server Custom HTML Plugin - Page not downloaded yet

Possible Bug in Custom HTML/TEXT Server Plugin - Result is {Page not downloaded yet} error I do not want to jump the gun, but I think there may be a PHP bug in the plugin. I can reproduce it every time. It happens this way in my case ... installed into /BT-server main page = list menu, that has ... list menu 1 list menu 2 list menu 3 In each list menu ( 1/2/3 ), each points to a Custom HTML / TEXT plugin page. page 1 page 2 ... page 5 So in the end, roughly about 15 Custom HTML / TEXT pages, all named different and linked to different menus Now I am not sure if the path being used is important but wanted to layout the setup. On each page, I add a lot of HTML (via SOURCE of course). It is long, very long, extremely long, but not an issue, it saves and shows them as they are supposed to be, no problem at all. I do this for each and every page. Easier to do all the HTML, then mod the other parts of the pages after that. This is where the issue comes in. I can go to ANY of these pages, and setup the NAVBAR, to use the icon {rewind} and point it to the menu, any menu in this case. I do that for a couple or few pages. Here is the bug. I go back and look at the ANY of those pages, and the HTML is set back to the default HTML from the plugin. The HTML will stay correct, unless I mod the NAVBAR afterwards. I have since tried most of the other options on the page also, they do the same thing. I have made a change to one of the pages, then without navigating from that page, just clicked on SAVE for the HTML. Then it saves all the info. It seems that if the HTML portion is not the last thing SAVED on the page, every time you make a change to that page, the HTML will be lost. This in turn, when viewed in AVD or I would presume an actual device, gets the dreaded {Page not downloaded yet} error message, each and every time, for the pages that the NAVBAR was mod'd after the HTML entered. I hope the explanation and information is helpful.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
02/16/12 09:01 PM (12 years ago)
We heard about this bug a few weeks ago and looked into it and confirmed it. You're correct in that there is something funky going on when you use the 'save' button in one of the advanced property sections. We have not isolated it but need to, and will when we get it figured out.

KevinPerry
Android Fan
Wisconsin, USA
02/16/12 09:09 PM (12 years ago)
Ok, I did not know you were aware of it.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
02/16/12 09:27 PM (12 years ago)
Yeah, we're horrible at managing a 'known bug list' for you guys to reference...sigh...can't wait to get these and other issues better organized. Thinking Known Bugs is a great Forum title for the new site (where multiple forums exist instead of one long-ass list of questions! funny).

KevinPerry
Android Fan
Wisconsin, USA
02/16/12 09:35 PM (12 years ago)
lol I dont know about {Forum title} but definitely, one section of it. Honestly, that is my {job} in the project I am involved with. I admin and give support on our Support Forum. Trying to get things so they work to the best for all, is quite hard, and can be done in many ways. BTW thanks a lot for the work that you are doing.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
02/16/12 09:46 PM (12 years ago)
Support guru - awesome!!! You're welcome ;-)

KevinPerry
Android Fan
Wisconsin, USA
02/16/12 10:22 PM (12 years ago)
No one EVER said anything about GURU ;-)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.