Tyroner
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 26, 2012
Johannesburg, S...
04/20/16 02:50 AM (8 years ago)

Android Studio YouTube error

I am using the AnWatchPro plugin in my app. Getting the following errors when I try to run the app in Studio. Error:(60, 41) error: package com.google.android.youtube.player does not exist Error:(209, 42) error: cannot find symbol variable YouTubeStandalonePlayer Error:(439, 13) error: cannot find symbol class YouTubeInitializationResult Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API. Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details. Error:Execution failed for task ':app:compileDebugJavaWithJavac'. > Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details. I am using Android Studio 2.0 I suspect it may have something to do with the YouTube API.

Tyroner
Aspiring developer
Johannesburg, S...
04/20/16 06:04 AM (8 years ago)
Now I'm getting following error! Error:(3) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Inverse'. Error:(18) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Button.Colored'. My compileSdkVersion is 21 and targetSdkVersion is 24

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/20/16 06:57 AM (8 years ago)
I don't use that plugin, so I can't say 'for sure'... But I have noticed that imports into Android Studio don't always take everything they need with them... If you're somewhat familiar with the code, I'd download a 'self hosted' copy of the plugin, and check to make sure all the Android 'components' have been imported into Android Studio... and if not, manually import them (and some things, like 'appDelegate' calls may need to be modified to match your package name). Either the whole plugin is messed up (not probable... possible, but not probable) or (more likely) some things are missing in the Android Studio package. Check for the latter. Let us know how it goes. Cheers! -- Smug

freesoftwarewiz
Code is Art
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
orange city, fl
04/20/16 12:37 PM (8 years ago)
We had the same issues with 2 APPs using that plugin and 1 using You Tube stuff in general. A lot of errors in Studio. As near as we could determine, studio had everything it was supposed to have. So we just abandoned it and re-coded the whole thing in LiveCode. Will deal with Studio issues as we have time. But if someone finds the answer, please do post it! :-) Joe C.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
04/20/16 08:05 PM (8 years ago)
I am not the creator of that plugin but I know it rather intimately as I have used it as a basis for my own set of plugins. The thing is, that plugin lived only for a short while in the market, as it was replaced by a "stronger" plugin called AnWatchListPro. It is still available, here: https://www.buzztouch.com/plugins/plugin.php?pid=EBE896B7CF6AD216F25A7C9 The most probable reason that the older plugin is not working is that the YouToube API changed a year ago; the AnWatchListPro plugin got updated, while the older didn't. In any case, upgrade to AnWatchListPro, it is excellent. By the way, you can see in this app what have I done with YouTube Android API: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.operamusicfavorites It will let you choose your videos from all the lists that are already in the app and create a list of favorites, then play it continuously. Will also show ads from AdMob, both banners and interstitials.

Tyroner
Aspiring developer
Johannesburg, S...
04/22/16 10:40 AM (7 years ago)
Hi Dusko. Thanks. I am using the AnWatchListPro plugin. That error message has now disappeared. The only errors I now get are: Error:(3) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:TextAppearance.Material.Widget.Button.Inverse'. Error:(18) Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name 'android:Widget.Material.Button.Colored'. Error:Execution failed for task ':app:processDebugResources'. > com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command '/Users/tyronerichards/Library/Android/sdk/build-tools/21.1.2/aapt'' finished with non-zero exit value 1

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
04/22/16 10:53 AM (7 years ago)
Something in your setup wants to use new elements from recent Android versions, but you don't have it on disk. You either download all kinds of everything in the SDK or expel what you do not want from, say, /res/values and other places. >build-tools/21.1.2/ Consider upgrading to build tools 23.0.2, which means two things: -- you should download that build if you haven't already, and -- you should change build.gradle (module) so that version 23.0.3 is used. Here is my gradle.build setup: ==================== apply plugin: 'com.android.application' android { compileSdkVersion 14 buildToolsVersion "23.0.2" defaultConfig { applicationId "com.xxxxxxxxxxxx" minSdkVersion 14 targetSdkVersion 14 } buildTypes { release { minifyEnabled false proguardFiles getDefaultProguardFile('proguard-android.txt'), 'proguard-rules.txt' } } } dependencies { compile files('libs/gcm.jar') compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:8.4.0' } ==================== That is what Buzztouch currently supports, although you can experiment with different compile and target values.

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
04/22/16 05:31 PM (7 years ago)
thanks dusko genius. Ive been too busy to post this past week

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.