Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 7    Views: 512

MobiGeni
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 09, 2013
Akersloot
03/27/17 06:50 AM (7 years ago)

Upgrade from Buzztouch 3.0.0 to latest version 4.0.3.

Hi, it seems I'm running a very old version, it seems so because some apps don't work anymore. Also loading the Json Data tab throws an error. An error ocurred in running the fnExecuteNonQuery() method in utilityFunctions.php (6) What is the best way to upgrade to Buzztouch 4.0.3? Just overwrite it with the 4.0.3 patch? Any help would be really appreciated. Also I cannot see the new install 4.0 Thanks

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/27/17 07:05 AM (7 years ago)
The patches are cumulative, meaning you don't have to update to 4.0.1 before updating to 4.0.3 1) Backup your existing install. 2) Copy the contents of the 4.0.3 patch and let them overwrite your existing files. 3) You 'should' be ok. You still need to manually edit the BT_config.php file to reflect the correct version in the web display. Hope this helps! Good Luck! Cheers! -- Smug

MobiGeni
Aspiring developer
Akersloot
03/27/17 11:16 AM (7 years ago)
Hi, where can I find BT_config.php, I only have config.php. Thanks Vidal

MobiGeni
Aspiring developer
Akersloot
03/27/17 11:20 AM (7 years ago)
In config.php :) define("APP_CURRENT_VERSION", "4.0.3");

MobiGeni
Aspiring developer
Akersloot
03/27/17 11:52 AM (7 years ago)
The upgrade went fine, but when clicking the System Maintenance and Check for updates it says This software needs to be updated Your server is running v4.0.3 and the most current version available is v3.0.0 Download the most current version from buzztouch.com then upload it to your website. You will be overwriting all directories and files EXCEPT the /files directory. After uploading the new version you will need to go through the installation process again. The installation URL will be <a href="http://www.yourdomain.com/BT-server/install/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.yourdomain.com/BT-server/install/</a>. The installation process will not overwrite existing values in your database or existing files in the files directory. Why does this happen?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/27/17 03:10 PM (7 years ago)
I'm not sure why that happens. I don't recall ever having clicked on that before. But I just did, and I get the same results. So it's probably not that big of a deal; They'll need to address that in an update later. If that's the only issue you have, you should be good. Apologies; 'config.php' and not 'BT_Config.php' (a confusion of filenames). Cheers! -- Smug

MobiGeni
Aspiring developer
Akersloot
03/28/17 12:05 AM (7 years ago)
Thanks --Smug! I'm all settled now :)

bioninja
Lost but trying
Reg: Jul 08, 2012
Melbourne
03/10/18 03:36 AM (6 years ago)
Hi. I know this thread is old, but I seem to be having the same problem. My self-hosted version is apparently 3.0.0 and when I try to create a new application i get the error mentioned above: "An error ocurred in running the fnExecuteNonQuery() method in utilityFunctions.php (6)" Am assuming I need to upgrade to v4.0.3, but when I go into System Maintenance in my Admin Options and click on check for updates, I get the following message: "The most current version available at buzztouch.com is v3.0.0. You are running v3.0.0 (no updates are necessary)." This has me greatly confused. Am I up to date or not? And how do I get the create new application option to work? Can someone please help?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.