Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 7    Views: 555

BandO
I hate code!
Reg: Jan 23, 2012
Manhattan
03/08/17 08:24 AM (7 years ago)

Cant be productive

Why didn't we get the OPTION to keep the old settings in which the plugins were working? How can I build apps if nothing is functioning? This is slowing down my business severely. I cant give deadlines to clients which is highly unprofessional I believe.. I have a self hosted server which i think should have stayed the same. I understand upgrading the native BT backend but now I'm stuck paying for something I cant use. I'm getting 40-50 calls a day from clients who are having issues on my self hosted server and I have no answers for them...It has already cost me $900 in monthly revenue... I think BT should be free to members until this is rectified...The server is now also moving VERY slow ....NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!!

Kaybee
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 22, 2012
Perth, Australi...
03/08/17 07:24 PM (7 years ago)
Hi Brian, Good to see you on the forum after three years since your last post. I will be reaching out to you via E-mail. A couple of things to keep in mind: - There was a consistent request/demand that we fix the core code at the end of last year, which we did and of course this meant that plugins needed to be updated in line with this. - Existing apps are not broken by this, tweaks need to be made if you recompile. - From this exercise it is clear that the plugin market needs a dramatic review as some plugin developers are not supporting their plugins with updates or fixing bugs, there will be an announcement by the end of the month on the way forward in this regard. - The fact that you promote your self on your website as not only a developer but as an "B and O App Builder" should indicate that you are able to actually develop apps your self and debug any issues you find. Secondly your site is a copy of BT's self hosted panel with a few tweaks, also you might want to check the wording at the bottom of the page: http://www.bandotechnologies.com/apps/ - Your self hosted server issues you are experiencing have nothing to do with BT, please address those issues with your host. - BT is suitable priced for what we offer, in fact we are way cheaper than anyone out there even your own "App Builder". Please see my mail regarding our new pricing offer to you based on your own pricing structure. - Again your server is slow as you are on self hosted, not our server. Apologies if this sounds harsh, but sometimes it is the only way to explain it with out reverting to Capital letters. Best of luck Kristen

BandO
I hate code!
Manhattan
03/09/17 09:25 AM (7 years ago)
1.) It seems like you are implying I'm not proficient at programming which is NOT the case. And the appeal of BT is the lack of programming knowledge required to use the service. 2.) I have MULTIPLE businesses going on and cant take 3-4 hours a day answering client questions. They have little programming knowledge and get EASILY frustrated. 3.) The reason for the B and O App builder is to allow CLIENTS access to their apps and make their OWN modifications and be in control of their own apps. I don't have time to do it for them. 4.) How can I give them answers I don't have or can't acquire myself? 5.) What does the wording "Lorem Ipsum" on the bottom of my site have to do with anything? 6.) New pricing? Looking forward to hearing from you......

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
03/09/17 11:51 AM (7 years ago)
FYI If you are charging all that money for access to something you pay $15 a month for I would be tidying up that BT clone site and removing the placeholder text. Your website is awful, sorry. If you don't like the support calls you could always direct your clients to use the BT platform, instead of yours and they will not only have the community behind them but will save money on your crazy high fees. Your site, for want of a better phrase, is a cheap clone of BT. Ps For $400 I will fix your website, spelling errors as well.

BandO
I hate code!
Manhattan
03/09/17 01:00 PM (7 years ago)
It's a fake site that was NEVER used... Just a concept thats why there is dummy text there.. Im sorry, who are you?

MacApple
Apple Fan
USA
03/09/17 03:33 PM (7 years ago)
BandO - I got your private message asking me not to comment in public. I have no stake in BT other than I care. If you post in public, I reply in public. You are clearly ripping off BT for your own gain and expect others to fund your $1,000's a month business with free support. Not the ethos BT was founded on. To be frank, I replied to this post above with almost the same sentiment as Kaybee then decided not to post it. Now I wish I had. Stop biting the hand that feeds you and try to be in someone else's shoes on the odd occasion.

BandO
I hate code!
Manhattan
03/09/17 04:40 PM (7 years ago)
@MacApple are you still at 502-442-2xx5?

MacApple
Apple Fan
USA
03/09/17 06:02 PM (7 years ago)
Yes! By all means call. Phone is in hand. Always happy to chat with fellow BT'ers.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.