Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 4    Views: 559

syedasad2001
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 12, 2014
Karachi
07/24/14 11:55 PM (9 years ago)

App rejected because 'it is primarily a book'

My app got rejected 'because it is primarily a book' and I was advised to consider submitting to ibooks. I am eager to submit it as an app. Mine is a parenting app which was initially only text, with search and sharing features included. I now plan to include YouTube videos in it for topics like how to do breastfeeding etc. I also plan to include quizzes in it. Do you think this will satisfy apple to approve it? Any other tips or suggestions on making it less of a book and more of an app? Thanks so much.

nadthevlad
Code is Art
Reg: Jun 07, 2012
Denver
07/25/14 12:16 AM (9 years ago)
Your on the right track with quizes and videos. Its all about interactive content. Stuff that uses the devices features.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
07/25/14 03:00 AM (9 years ago)
It wouldn't be rejected on Android. The more interactive you make it, the easier it will become an app, instead of an ebook on a mobile device. Ebooks you only read, and cannot do much with them except remember where you were the last you read that particular book. An app would be able to remember what you did, compare your input from the last time, store some of your private data into the app and so on. You can do it all within buzztouch plugins, and many people have already done that. See what the plugins already exist, buy several of them, put them to use and submit again. (With Buzztouch, you pay for plugins only once and are allowed to use them in all apps of yours, so plugins are an excellent investment if you are creating several apps.) For the ultimate user experience, you may consider hiring a programmer, but not in this stage, probably not if this is your very first attempt to create an app.

TatorTot
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 25, 2013
Iowa
07/25/14 08:17 AM (9 years ago)
Add those quizzes in. It's surprising to hear how many people have ran into the same issue you are having and simply add a quiz and boom accepted!!

Ed Goodall
Fusion Technology
Reg: Oct 01, 2011
Wiltshire, UK
07/30/14 12:07 PM (9 years ago)
You can take a look at the App Store Guidelines here : https://developer.apple.com/appstore/resources/approval/guidelines.html They should tell you what to add and what to remove... I keep a paper copy in a folder so I can refer to it if needed (but save a copy too so you can just find words!) Thanks Ed

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.