Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 4    Views: 398

kingelessar
Lost but trying
Reg: Mar 10, 2014
UK
05/23/14 02:12 PM (9 years ago)

app rejected: Json data invalid

Just as some of you have kindly offered with testing on Android, in pops an AppStore rejection from Apple. :( Looks like the app doesn't run on an iPhone 5s running iOS 7.1.1. I know it runs on my ipad mini, on all simulators that seem to come with xcode, on and iphone 4. But they have sent me a screenshot showing that when you try to open the app, it comes up with "The Json data for this app is invalid. Restart the app to try again." Now I'm once again coming cap-in-hand to the buzztouch community hoping someone can steer me in the right direction.

kingelessar
Lost but trying
UK
05/23/14 02:53 PM (9 years ago)
Oh bloody hell, ok, update: I have no idea why it worked before submitting to the app store but now it was also not running on my ipad but ok on the sims. Turned out to be some corrupted data in the map, where I'd entered various locations. Two of them now came up blank when opened in the control panel and the Json validator found what looks like basically spaces. Some code was on the next line and by hitting back space a few times it turned into valid data again. But in the CP all fields were just blank while in the config data there were things there. Don't understand these things but I'm kicking myself. Every time you lose several days again. If only it had thrown up an error beforehand.

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
05/23/14 03:32 PM (9 years ago)
Ah, I've heard too many stories about Apple rejections, but all they are doing is making sure that bad apps don't make it to their high valued app store. I understand that it is frustrating for you that you lose a few more days, but Apple were right on this one. Your app wasn't performing, so it shouldn't be on the store. However, when the bug is fixed, I'm sure they'll happily accept it.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
05/23/14 04:26 PM (9 years ago)
It's a rite of passage, lol! Don't feel 'too' bad. There's always the frustration of having to wait. Again. But it's the frustration that we've all had at one time or another. You will find much sympathy and commiseration with respect to Apple reviews. Cheers! -- Smug

kingelessar
Lost but trying
UK
05/24/14 12:17 AM (9 years ago)
Thanks guys. Yes, of course they were right. The bloody app didn't even open!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.