Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 2    Views: 318

farcat
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 27, 2012
France
10/15/13 05:12 AM (10 years ago)

If you were planning an app about feral dust, forget it!

Hi Guys, I am preping a new app to be loaded on Itunes Connect and I got the strangest message. This app is about environmental issues and one of the many features is to report dust (from construction sites) and feral animals issues. When updating my description I got the following message: "The following are not recommended for use in this field: dust, feral. Your app may be rejected if you use these terms." No big deal really but it got me thinking - what could possibly justify such a restriction? Does "feral" and "dust" have other meanings that nobody warned me about ;) Farcat

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 30, 2012
Basingstoke
10/15/13 07:14 AM (10 years ago)
I got the same when i used 'The Simpsons' was i was doing my simpsons trivia app, but it still got to the app store :)

farcat
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 27, 2012
France
10/16/13 11:52 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks @Bonzo, looks like a copyright issue then. Still strange but I guess they have their reasons. I'll just use synonyms for now as the client is on a tight schedule and I don't want to risk a rejection. Cheers, Farcat

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.