Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 13    Views: 562

Jcommander
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 04, 2013
Colorado Spring...
08/27/13 05:41 AM (10 years ago)

Google Play Developer Account

How do you avoid gettting your Google Play Account suspended when the policies are so unlcear and their is no one to talk to?

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
08/27/13 08:12 AM (10 years ago)
Hi @Jcommander, Well did yours get suspended? If so, why? Also, there are many people here @buzztouch that are very talented and knowledgable, so use buzztouch, as it's free and dependable users. LA

Jcommander
Aspiring developer
Colorado Spring...
08/27/13 09:09 AM (10 years ago)
Yes, my account did get suspended. I guess I was referring more to actual individual practices verses what their policy states. In other words how do you personally avoid the issue? Example: If you are uploading a clients app, do you reject client apps that seem to fall in the grey area? The reason I ask is because, there is no training or human communication with Google Play like there is with Apple, so if they decide you did something wrong they just cut you off and there is nothing you can do about it. By the time you realize something is wrong with an app you uploaded, its to late to do anything about it. Their repeal process is pretty much useless, because there is no interaction.

LA
Aspiring developer
Jerseyville, IL
08/27/13 09:18 AM (10 years ago)
@Jcommander, I would suggest if it's a gray issue, research it and ask here in the forums. Google is getting better with their practices.

Jcommander
Aspiring developer
Colorado Spring...
08/27/13 09:22 AM (10 years ago)
My account got suspended because a clients app had an add program in it that dropped add links on Android home screens randomly as you used it or closed it. It was a puzzle app. I'm not sure which add agency they used, but I know that I will never use an ad agency that does anything like this. I have found many apps in the Google Play store with thousands of downloads that use this monetization strategy. I assumed if they where still there after months and had many downloads that it was ok. It was only the second violation. The first violation, I think I corrected it. I say I think I corrected it because, I adjusted the rating and re-uploaded it under a new name. I assumed it was because it was the wrong rating because they only pointed me to a vague policy instead of just saying what was wrong so I could fix it.

Jcommander
Aspiring developer
Colorado Spring...
08/27/13 09:24 AM (10 years ago)
So, now my other clients apps are no longer available for download. Is there a way for me to create another account? Like, get my business partner to sign up and use their account or sign up under a business name with a business bank account?

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
08/27/13 09:24 AM (10 years ago)
I would have to agree with LA...research is probably the key here. While I haven't read them completely myself, I'm sure the Terms of Service (TOS) for Google Play are readily available online for review. So, if you're submitting things for clients, its up to you to make sure they comply with the TOS, and if they don't, it's up to you to advise your clients on that fact. If they insist on submitting anyway, then it becomes an ethical question for you: should you submit, knowing it violates the TOS, or do you stick by your guns and play by the rules. Totally your call. Google Play does indeed seem to be very much automated and not as personal as iTunes, which is both good and bad. The good is that pretty much every app gets accepted. The bad is cases like yours, where it becomes very hard to undo something that has been done. My basic advice: review the Google Play TOS, and ensure the apps you are submitting abide by it. If they don't, have your clients modify them so they do, or have them find somebody else to submit them. It's worth remembering that your reputation is tied to them as well. Hope this helps, and it's a great subject to bring up for discussion! Mark

Jcommander
Aspiring developer
Colorado Spring...
08/27/13 09:26 AM (10 years ago)
So, now my other clients apps are no longer available for download. Is there a way for me to create another account? Like, get my business partner to sign up and use their account or sign up under a business name with a business bank account?

Jcommander
Aspiring developer
Colorado Spring...
08/27/13 09:30 AM (10 years ago)

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
08/27/13 09:40 AM (10 years ago)
This might be a little help: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/139626?hl=en&ref_topic=2897388 Also...just an FYI...refreshing your browser causes the last post to post again! Mark

LA
Aspiring developer
Jerseyville, IL
08/27/13 09:43 AM (10 years ago)
Thank you @GoNorthWest for chiming in here! You have a lot more experience and expertise. @Jcommander your in great hands! LA

Jcommander
Aspiring developer
Colorado Spring...
08/27/13 10:53 AM (10 years ago)
oops!

Jcommander
Aspiring developer
Colorado Spring...
08/27/13 10:54 AM (10 years ago)
Thank you all for the 411...

Jcommander
Aspiring developer
Colorado Spring...
08/28/13 04:31 AM (10 years ago)
By the way. When you upload apps to your clients accounts instead of your own, do you have them create their own account or do you create the account for them?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.