Discussion Forums  >  Grunts, Groans, Complaints

Replies: 3    Views: 316

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
05/24/14 06:47 AM (9 years ago)

Live/Design again

Hello everyone, Self Hosted BT 3.0 with current package iOS Xcode 5.1.1 It seems that live/design is still not working. When I make a change in my apps, they go out without me clicking publish. I implemented Chris' fix and changes still go out before I click publish> found here: https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=D46AEFA297E85F94982FCB9&command=isSearching&currentPage=1&topicTitle=live/design&createdBy=&repliedBy=&minViews=-1&maxViews=-1&minReplies=-1&maxReplies=-1&forumCategory= I was looking around and found that when I go to my Core properties screen, go to my Configuration Data URL and click on the link "Open the current data config URL", It opens my config.txt file in a browser window and the "current mode" line says "design". I'm not all that experienced but to me, this could be the problem. If it's looking for the design mode, then changes would show up without hitting publish. This is happening on both my self hosted and BT hosted apps. Any suggestions to get it to look for the live mode or corrections to my logic? Thanks Dave

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
05/24/14 07:51 AM (9 years ago)
In your control panel, under "configuration Data, there are options - "Show Design Mode Data" and "Live Mode Data". If you copy the content of "Live Mode Data" into your project's config.txt, the project should always looks for live and not design.

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
05/24/14 09:08 AM (9 years ago)
I understand that part but if the URL leads to the design mode screen, won't that allow it to update the app before you click publish? My understanding is that the app uses the data url to look for updates. If it's looking at the design mode config, then it will see a difference and update the config on the app before the publish button is pushed. I believe that if the url led to live mode config, then the app would not see a difference in the app config and the live mode config in the bt control panel until publish is pushed.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
05/24/14 03:03 PM (9 years ago)
If I look at my config.txt json, there is a bit in there that says 'live' or 'design', dependent on which one I use, which I think is the key. I could be wrong, but this used to work OK pre BT 3.0.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.