Discussion Forums  >  Grunts, Groans, Complaints

Replies: 3    Views: 256

Patrickmotox
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 10, 2013
Cameron Park, C...
02/04/14 06:55 PM (10 years ago)

Android Does, iPhone Doesn't (show on Mac)

I just have to laugh. I have an older iPhone a friend gave me to use for development. My Mac Mini doesn't see it, I can't get it to see it, I plug my Samsung note into the usb port and wham, the Mac sees it, invites it to be a guest, makes room for it, mounts it, ready to go. The iPhone just sits there crying to be seen. Isn't that how it is with children? Their friends are treated like guests, and we ignore our own. ah ha ha ha ha...... Apple you are right on the money. Just like a parent. All controlling, codependent, overprotective, and you piss off the neighbors. Hee hee. Anyone know how I can get this overbearing parent to acknowledge its child?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
02/04/14 07:53 PM (10 years ago)
How old is an older iPhone? I started out with a 3GS for development, and had no issues at all… The only 'restriction' is that it won't update to iOS 7. I have a first gen iPod touch that, while I don't develop for iOS 3, can still be 'seen' by my mac. I can't say on devices before that… But also keep in mind an Apple device (other than some ipods) are not 'USB Storage devices, therefore won't appear on the desktop by default. Try opening iTunes and seeing if it shows up. Cheers! -- Smug

Patrickmotox
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 10, 2013
Cameron Park, C...
02/04/14 09:01 PM (10 years ago)
yea, been through all the help I could find on the interweeb. Doesn't show on the apple icon/about this mac/more info/system report/usb. Doesn't show as a device in Xcode. Or iTunes. Nada. Still looking.

ResearchDepartment
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 27, 2013
São Paulo
02/05/14 04:11 PM (10 years ago)
Can any other computer "see" this phone when it's connected? Could there be a problem in the phone or in the connector cable?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.