Discussion Forums  >  Maps, Device Location, Tracking

Replies: 4    Views: 198

GJvanWijk
I hate code!
Reg: Dec 19, 2011
location unknow...
03/06/14 03:46 AM (10 years ago)

Navigation issue with location list

I posted this already in the plugins forum but now I see there's a special forum for location issues/questions. I'm using this nice peace of code to display a list of locations on a map. This works fine but I would like to add an extra feature to this location list. When someone taps one of the pins I would like to get the 'navigate to' dialog. I know this is possible with a single location I add in the plugin screen but I don't know how to manage this behaviour from a table containing all the locations. Any idea. Thx in advance. Gert-Jan ________ the code I'm using now ____________ <?php $db = mysql_connect("localhost", "dbuser", "password"); mysql_select_db("dbnamel",$db); $result = mysql_query("SELECT ID, Latitude, Longitude, Description from theguide",$db); $num = mysql_num_rows($result); $i = 1; print "{"childItems":["; if ($myrow = mysql_fetch_array($result)) do { printf("{"itemId":"%s",", $myrow["ID"]); print ""itemType":"BT_MapLocation","; printf(""latitude":"%s",", $myrow["Latitude"]); printf(""longitude":"%s",", $myrow["Longitude"]); printf(""title":"%s"}", $myrow["Description"]); if ($num > $i) printf(","); $i++; } while ($myrow = mysql_fetch_array($result)); else { echo "Sorry, nothing there to see!"; } print "]}"; ?>

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
03/06/14 05:39 AM (10 years ago)
I'm afraid I don't do code very well. I know that tapping a pin to bring up driving instructions is a standard feature of the existing map plugin and to use that doesn't require additional coding. I'm assuming that doesn't suit your scenario, but perhaps if you look at the json that the plugin creates, it may guide you?

autopilot
Apple Fan
Reg: Feb 08, 2013
Hornsby Heights
03/06/14 02:04 PM (10 years ago)
The driving instructions in Location have not been working for a couple of weeks now. I really want this fixed ASAP!!! https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=518DB32522BFD2872E045C7

Don Javi
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 08, 2011
Burriana
03/10/14 01:58 AM (10 years ago)
Not work driving direction for me. there any progress?

bizappsmedia
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 21, 2012
San Diego,CA
03/13/14 08:31 AM (10 years ago)
Just wanted to keep this thread going. Has anyone heard of any fixes for this?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.