Discussion Forums  >  Buzztouch News and Announcements

Replies: 25    Views: 2034

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
01/16/17 05:06 AM (7 years ago)

Buzztouch 4.0.1 - Self Hosted

4.0.1 is available in Buzztouch Control Panels. Self Hosted installs need to apply a few patches included in this download: THESE FILES HAVE CHANGED since 4.0.0. YOU WILL NEED TO UPDATE SOME FILES IN YOUR SELF HOSTED INSTALL http://www.buzztouch.com/BT-server/BT-server-patches-4.0.1.zip Use this thread to discuss issues with self hosting using 4.0.1. We realize some feedback will be the same as it was from 4.0.0 but decided a new forum post with each release is best.

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 30, 2012
Basingstoke
01/16/17 05:15 AM (7 years ago)
do we need to change the 2 .php files that was mentioned before? if so, how do we obtain these? Thanks Steve **posted without reading correctly** - i can see you are still getting ready the self hosted package......was a bit premature :)

Red Dog
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 16, 2011
Southern Califo...
01/17/17 10:08 AM (7 years ago)
I'm right there with you Steve. I beat up my self hosted for an hour and then re-read David's post. Haha. I guess we are so eager we saw what we wanted to see instead of what was really there.

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 30, 2012
Basingstoke
01/17/17 10:10 AM (7 years ago)
Exactly that. I have so much planned and desperate for the self hosted update

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
01/17/17 06:50 PM (7 years ago)
Quick update for those wondering... We ran into a few gotchas on the .php files you're waiting for (to update your self-hosted panels). We'll get them available to you as soon as we can.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
01/19/17 05:42 AM (7 years ago)
Have look at this .zip folks. I'll post a bit more explanation in a bit...There are some release notes in this download. http://www.buzztouch.com/BT-server/BT-server-patches-4.0.zip

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
01/19/17 07:49 AM (7 years ago)
Some thoughts, explanations regarding the BT-server-patches.zip folder. Q: Why do these files need to be replaced in my self hosted control panel? When your self hosted panel downloads an Xcode or Android Studio project from Buzztouch it is getting the latest version of these projects. 4.0.1. These projects have been updated and your control panel isn't aware of the changes needed when packaging apps. Q: How do I replace these files? Use an FTP program and upload them to your server. Their locations are the same as they are now. You're simply replacing a few files, nothing too technical. Q: Will these updates affect any existing apps on my self hosted panel? No, the changes made related to download the Xcode or Android Studio projects for an app. If you do this again, for an existing app, you'll get the latest project. Naturally you'll then need to decide if you should update any App Stores or whatever. Q: The JSON data in the Config.txt file is slightly different, won't this break older apps? No, older apps will not use the newly added key / value pairs in the BT_config file. Q: What happens if I don't apply these patches? Nothing will suddenly break or fail if you don't download any new Xcode or Android Studio projects from your self hosted control panel. New projects will be the new stuff from BT. A zillion more Q / A's go there, ask as needed. Until then, get these files updated on your machines and you'll be all setup to download 4.0.1 projects from your self hosted panel.

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
01/19/17 08:40 AM (7 years ago)
do i replace the files in the BT folder or copy across the files in the individual folders to there respective folders :)

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
01/19/17 09:59 AM (7 years ago)
I have tried to download and compile two Android apps with the new BT server patch. Both compile but do not run due to a message such as: Process: com.xxxxxxxxx, PID: 10438 java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get provider com.google.firebase.provider.FirebaseInitProvider: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "com.google.firebase.provider.FirebaseInitProvider" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.xxxxxxxxx-131.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app-lib/com.xxxxxxxxx-131, /vendor/lib, /system/lib]]

AussieRyan
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 21, 2012
Margate, QLD Au...
01/19/17 03:56 PM (7 years ago)
A niggling problem I have is that when I am editing a screen in my self-hosted and I click the "Application Home" link, I get a page not found. The link is http://xxxxxx.com/bt_v15/bt_app/?appGuid=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx It should be http://xxxxxx.com/BT-server/bt_v15/bt_app/?appGuid=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ridgerock
Veteran developer
Reg: May 19, 2011
Louisville
01/19/17 06:30 PM (7 years ago)
When I download my BT-Plugins folder has folders for the plugins but they are empty. Does anyone else have this issue? I have updates my server via the PHP patches.

Red Dog
buzztouch Evangelist
Southern Califo...
01/19/17 07:34 PM (7 years ago)
If the plugin folder is empty then it has not been updated for BT 4.0, Or you need to update your plugins to their latest version through the admin console.

ridgerock
Veteran developer
Louisville
01/19/17 07:41 PM (7 years ago)
Thanks Red Dog.....I simply changed the php files on my server again . I also updated the plugins via the admin panel. Still no luck. Also, it doesn't seem like my control panel is linking correctly. I can't change background image, colors or sizes for some reason.

Red Dog
buzztouch Evangelist
Southern Califo...
01/19/17 08:00 PM (7 years ago)
Make sure the new php file permissions are at 755 ?

ridgerock
Veteran developer
Louisville
01/19/17 08:09 PM (7 years ago)
Yeah just did no luck......getting frustrated. Certainly could be something I'm doing wrong if no one else has this issue. I just have no idea what.

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
01/20/17 08:40 PM (7 years ago)
Dusko - are you by chance running this on a device that doesn't have Google Play Services installed?

Annonymous
01/21/17 10:21 AM (7 years ago)
The device is a Samsung tablet with 4.4.2. It does not work due to the error cited. I have also tested it on a phone with version 5.1.11 and the app is working properly. Maybe it is only a problem with version 4.4.2?

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
01/21/17 01:16 PM (7 years ago)
The post above is mine but it seems I haven't been logged in properly. Anyways, the error about missing Firebase files persists on the Android 5.1 phone too. The difference is that the app is running but NOT PROPERLY. It consists entirely of Menu with Image and the main menu for the app shows up, but then the lower levels, which also use Menu with Image, show only the blue image, without rows with icons and data. So it is working but not properly at all. The only difference is that with 4.4.2 device the app stops immediately while for 5.1 device it runs somewhat but not properly. Both devices show AdMob ads so it is safe to say that Google Play Services is present and functioning. Thoughts, ideas, solutions?

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Monterey, CA
01/23/17 07:01 PM (7 years ago)
A new .zip package is available for Self Hosted folks. Not fun I know, unavoidable I'm afraid. Why is this one available? <a href="http://www.buzztouch.com/BT-server/BT-server-patches-4.0.1.zip" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.buzztouch.com/BT-server/BT-server-patches-4.0.1.zip</a> 1) Some servers were not including Third Party plugins in self hosted downloads. There was an issue with the way the / (backslash) was handled in a plugin's file system location. 2) bt_appPackage.php: Some Third Party plugins show in the Settings or Actions area when using the checkboxes to choose which ones are included in your download. These two areas were removed. I mistakenly removed them not realizing that some Third Party plugins only appear in those areas. Duh. These two areas are back. 2) bt_appPackage_AJAX.php: This is related to "what happens if a plugin on my self hosted panel is outdated." It's very likely that a plugin package (or all of them) on your self hosted control panel does not included an ios-4.0 or android-4.0 folder. This means there is no source code to include in your 4.0.1 project. The change relates to how your self hosted panel will create some generic (blank) class files so you have something in the BT_Plugins folder instead of nothing! Or, in the case of Android, a generic .java file for that plugin so Android Studio doesn't fill your project with blood-red-errors. Get these two files updated. Onward and upwards...next up...figuring the best way to get a few hundred Third Party plugins updated with 4.0 code :-)

Bertrand
Apple Fan
Reg: Dec 26, 2012
saint-quentin f...
01/24/17 01:21 AM (7 years ago)
In practically all my plugins I have the file to tell me that there is no version for the 4.0 :/ And now, when I want check the update on my differents plugins, I don't download the zip, I've this error : Error! - Error un-zipping archive (1)

miku
Aspiring developer
Reg: Feb 20, 2014
zagorje ob savi
01/24/17 08:10 AM (7 years ago)
I installed new .zip package and that is result for little test app on iOS: - I have 1 CustomHTML Home screen - I have 1 ShareMenu screen - App starts with ShareMenu screen, which is not Home screen - No buttons are visible on ShareMenu

aussiedra
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 25, 2010
Brisbane, Austr...
01/24/17 06:32 PM (7 years ago)
is there any option for users beta testing buzztouch core releases before they are live ? if there is no beta testing options for new releases , any way we can get a known issues page ?

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
01/25/17 12:48 PM (7 years ago)
Above in this thread I mentioned an error when trying to run the app on Android. The error was either about missing files for Firebase or Multidex. I resolved it by changing the type of Application into MultiDexApplication in the appDelegate file. After that, the apps started to compile, sometimes showing error and sometimes not, depending on the version of Android. On Android 5.1 phone, apps compile and run, while on tablet with 4.4, the following error appears: 01-25 16:06:52.405 23132-23132/com.menuwithimagedemo E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main Process: com.menuwithimagedemo, PID: 23132 java.lang.ClassCastException: android.widget.LinearLayout$LayoutParams cannot be cast to com.android.internal.widget.ActionBarOverlayLayout$LayoutParams at com.android.internal.widget.ActionBarOverlayLayout.applyInsets(ActionBarOverlayLayout.java:204) at com.android.internal.widget.ActionBarOverlayLayout.onMeasure(ActionBarOverlayLayout.java:402) at android.view.View.measure(View.java:17482) at android.view.ViewGroup.measureChildWithMargins(ViewGroup.java:5376) at android.widget.FrameLayout.onMeasure(FrameLayout.java:310) This error seems particular only to KitKat, Android version 4.4.x.

Dusko
Veteran developer
Beograd
01/26/17 10:45 AM (7 years ago)
Here's an error in a core file BT_activity_start.java. In line 105 the field loadingText is missing: findViewById(R.id.loadingText).setVisibility(View.GONE); Global search through all the files in the project shows this name only in this location -- seems it is not present in any of the XML files. This line belongs to method loadAppConfigData. The only way to move forward is to comment the line out but I have no idea whether that makes the entire system less stable than it should be. Android obviously, self hosted. Ideas?

devapps123
Apple Fan
Reg: Jul 12, 2012
Sarasota, FL
01/27/17 10:50 AM (7 years ago)
After installing these updates I cannot access my self-hosted panel. It says "The URL page isn't working. URL is currently unable to handle this request." Help!

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
01/28/17 10:09 PM (7 years ago)
Dusko - I just released 4.0.2 for Android - your issues mentioned should now be resolved. Note that the R.id.loadingText reference is to a valid object in the bt_activity_start.xml file. Not sure why your project said that didn't exist, but it's definitely there. Try a clean and build if you still have that issue.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.