Discussion Forums  >  BT.com Website, Account Questions

Replies: 2    Views: 499

chadh0130
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 05, 2011
Rhode Island
02/18/20 09:28 PM (4 years ago)

Cannot cancel BT account due to an error on the website

I signed back up for a membership back in November for 30 days which alluded to me that I was signing up for only 30 days. I have since been charged every month since then. I have tried to cancel my account from my dashboard by clicking the Cancel Account option - as soon as I go through the steps and click Submit button on http://www.buzztouch.com/account/cancel.php, I get the following error message An error ocurred in running the fnExecuteNonQuery() method in utilityFunctions.php (6) I've been unsuccessful in hearing back from anyone at BT as I keep getting charged every month.

Cakebit
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 15, 2010
In your local b...
02/19/20 02:42 AM (4 years ago)
Hi chadh0130! Thanks for reaching out. Firstly apologies for the issues closing your account- that sounds like a less than stellar experience. I've gone ahead and reverted your account to it's trial status, and refunded all subscription payments we have on file for you since you became a subscriber. (Our payment processor estimates it will be 5-10 days before the refund appears on your statement). Your apps will remain in your account, but you'll need to either extend your trial (if your account is eligible an option will appear on the Dashboard to extend your trial) or subscribe to be able to make changes to your applications. Was there a specific way you reached out to us? In January, Buzztouch's ownership changed hands, if you contacted us before this point I wouldn't have a record of it. (See http://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=5CC7FD53B455FE7D71AAADF if you're interested in the transition details). I've checked all the means I have access to and can't seem to find any emails or messages from your account (or email)... Hopefully we're not missing some way you reached out to us. Lastly, I'll send you a follow up email to see if I can get some details regarding the issue closing your account- that definitely sounds like an issue on our end. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions; [email protected] is a good option- but my personal messages are also open. Thanks!!

chadh0130
Apple Fan
Reg: Nov 05, 2011
Rhode Island
02/19/20 09:39 AM (4 years ago)
Thanks, Matt. I can't tell ya how happy I am to have heard back - excellent customer service! I'll take the rest of the conversation to private email. Thanks again for jumping on this.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.