Discussion Forums  >  Introduce Yourself

Replies: 6    Views: 378

Hippy
Code is Art
Reg: Jul 16, 2016
Northeast, USA
07/16/16 10:52 PM (7 years ago)

Howdy

Hi everybody! I just signed up for a free account, although we use Buzztouch on a regular basis through my partners paid account, so I am kind of familiar with most aspects of using it. I thought it would be nice to join in the conversations here using my own login. Long time listener first time caller I guess you could say. A little background on us. We are medical marijuana caregivers in a legal state. I know that topic is a little taboo to some people, so I just wanted to throw it out there right up front. We are not drug dealers, haha. We do everything legit and comply with all state laws, no exceptions. We use Buzztouch to work on our caregiver app, and have a few plans to get some other stuff out there if the app markets allow it. Apple has already rejected one pot related game of ours, stating that marijuana apps are fine, just not in the games category. Maybe too much exposure to kids, dunno. Google Play seems a bit more forgiving, although we have not yet submitted there. Anywho, I just wanted to introduce myself, and I look forward to working with everyone. If you ask me coding related questions after 9pm, chances are I am "quality controlling" our product, so you might have to wait for a more intelligent answer the following day. Haha! Rock On! ______________________________________ © 2016, SmokeDope.net Legal Medical Marijuana Caregivers http://www.SmokeDope.net ______________________________________

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/17/16 05:41 AM (7 years ago)
Welcome to Buzztouch! Will work for trade. That's all I'm going to say. ;) Cheers! -- Smug

Hippy
Code is Art
Northeast, USA
07/17/16 07:15 AM (7 years ago)
Haha, I will have to send you a virtual doobie. Looks like you are not only across my state line, but country line as well. Thank you for the welcome. I'm sure I'll be here quite a bit. Are there any other good Buzztouch resources that I should know about?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/17/16 07:44 AM (7 years ago)
Well, there's always the 'how to' section... that has a lot of specifics as well as generalization for both android and iOS stuff... http://www.buzztouch.com/resources/ Although it's outdated, I still find a lot of value in the BT v1.5 documents. there are changes of course, but mostly enhancements. 'Almost all' of the data still applies: http://www.buzztouch.com/docs/v1.5/ Premier BT'er Mark (GoNorthWest) has a Youtube channel that has a ton of different 'how to' for installing your self hosted setup on a variety of platforms, and other useful topics. https://www.youtube.com/user/gonorthwest I'd say the most valuable tool given to me when I started was by an old school member (Fred). The search within the site stinks. There's no other real way to put it, lol! Using google with a refined search is a LOT better. In your google search box, format your query like this: site:buzztouch.com/forum your search terms go here and you will have a lot better and more accurate returns for your search dollar. and lastly, probably the forums are the place to be when all other avenues have run dry. Most folks are friendly, flaming is unheard of, and regardless of your expertise or experience, no one really cares. If we can help, we do. If we can't, we try and suggest an alternate route. No drama. No ego. No kidding. It's pretty darn nice. So again, welcome. Hope you find a nice niche here, and let us know if you have any other questions. Always happy to help. Cheers! -- Smug Edit: One thing I would mention about the google search... beware of 'old' posts, say over a year or so... Not to say that the answer won't be there... it might. But the move from BTv2 to BTv3 was a major change in Android (from 'activities' to 'fragments') and iOS is like a moving target; it always changes syntax of different things almost every increment. And every year there's a new iOS. So again, not to say that the answer isn't out there, but sometimes the code 'may' have to be updated to apply. If that's the case, and you get stuck, someone in the forums is most likely able to assist.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
07/18/16 12:02 AM (7 years ago)
Welcome to Buzztouch! Smug has already given you an amazing tour of the resources, so there's not much to add except that if you ever need help, just post your question (with as much detail as possible, especially when it comes to errors), and you'll be amazing how quickly you get some sort of answer! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, and excited to have you participating in the conversation. Welcome! Mark

Hippy
Code is Art
Northeast, USA
07/18/16 06:11 AM (7 years ago)
Thanks guys. I've trolled the forums before, since my partner has an account, and have used many amazing code snippets found here from you guys. The community is just awesome and among the friendliest and most helpful I've seen. Smug: Great tip on the google search. I never would have thought about that. BTW... is there an easier way to apply my signature each time, or do I have to manually paste it in? Or can I not find a place to add it because it's a frowned upon practice? I don't want to make any waves. ______________________________________ © 2016, SmokeDope.net Legal Medical Marijuana Caregivers http://www.SmokeDope.net ______________________________________

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
07/18/16 11:51 AM (7 years ago)
You'll have to manually insert your signature each time. I don't think it's officially frowned upon, but pretty much nobody uses one, so I don't think an "official" policy has been created around that. That being said, I'd say use it until somebody complains, and then deal with it then! Have a great day! Mark

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.