Discussion Forums  >  Config Data, JSON, App Refresh

Replies: 4    Views: 421

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 04, 2011
Fredericksburg,...
07/26/17 05:07 AM (6 years ago)

I'm new around here. Can someone explain the app refresh process?

Hello! I've been crushing an app out this week for a client, and noticed that the simulator never asks if I want to refresh the app like it used to. Poking around the xCode project, I found this localized string: "updatesAvailable" = "This app's content has changed, would you like to refresh?"; but it never seems to get called anywhere. Is this something that has changed since the olden days? Or is it a "Live" vs "Design" thing? Thanks for any insight! -Chris

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
07/26/17 09:52 AM (6 years ago)
I only ever use design mode and I see my app refreshing on a real device. So I don't think its a design vs live thing. And I believe the app will not refresh on first load, but it will after that. Not sure about Android though. I don't havethe whole picture but does that help a little bit? Alan.

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Fredericksburg,...
07/26/17 12:04 PM (6 years ago)
Hmmmm... I've been working on this app all week, and its never popped up and asked to refresh. I've seen it automatically refresh once when coming back to the "home" screen from another tab. But didn't ask. Weird.

Stobe
buzztouch Evangelist
Fredericksburg,...
07/26/17 12:08 PM (6 years ago)
Looks like it was changed to automatically refresh after all. //refresh app data if something changed... if(![lastModifiedOnServer isEqualToString:previousModifiedOnServer]){ [BT_debugger showIt:self message:@"reportToCloud: app data modified on server, refreshing..."]; [self refreshAppData]; }else{ [BT_debugger showIt:self message:@"reportToCloud: app data not modified on server, not refreshing"]; } No longer pops an alert. Good to know.

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
07/27/17 05:18 AM (6 years ago)
Thanks for the info! Dave

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.