Discussion Forums  >  Config Data, JSON, App Refresh

Replies: 3    Views: 267

ElDorado
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 25, 2013
Dallas
03/31/14 08:14 PM (10 years ago)

Right way to upgrade app version in buzztouch

I am trying to submit an update (v2) to a current app (v1) that is in the appStore. So far I have been making all the updates in 'design' mode for v2. I am ready to submit the app to the appStore for review. Do I have to switch into 'live' mode before submitting to the AppStore? I know the moment I do this, the v1 app is going to have the latest JSON and it would not behave well. But, if I don't turn on 'live' mode, the latest JSON is not there on the v2 app What is the correct way to seamlessly push the update to users?

aussiedra
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 25, 2010
Brisbane, Austr...
03/31/14 08:32 PM (10 years ago)
just publish the version 2 in live mode by copying and pasting the live mode Json dat to the BT_config.txt file in your Xcode project. then test , test some more and test again and submit. when the app is approved by apple publish.

Kaybee
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Sep 22, 2012
Perth, Australi...
03/31/14 09:46 PM (10 years ago)
To limit your users frustration experience while doing this. I would submit to store in live mode v2.0 without publishing changes. Then when you get that notification that it is for review ( normally a couple of hours before it is released, then go into your control panel and publish changes, that way only for the time it is in review will old users experience any issues, and by the time they complain a new version should be up and ready. Only other way is to do a complete new app on BT that way you separate them easily, but it means more work.

ElDorado
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 25, 2013
Dallas
04/02/14 11:20 AM (10 years ago)
How do i submit to the store in "live" mode without the publishing the changes? I copied over the "design" mode BT_Config.txt (has all the changes) and manually changed from 'design' to 'live'. I load the app but it automatically does a refresh and pulls the older 'live' mode file.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.