Discussion Forums  >  Config Data, JSON, App Refresh

Replies: 2    Views: 213

martapp
I hate code!
Reg: Jul 19, 2013
Statesboro
08/03/13 10:56 AM (10 years ago)

Autro Refresh not working

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spiderapp Download my app and look what I mean. It says to update: Yes or No. Most of these are clicking no. Then they get this old version when I first begun. I don't mind the update but I don't like it grabbing the old version. I can change it so when they hit "No" at least it's one of the newest ones. Ive tried the live mode and publish. I tried the config thing. I tried auto refresh. But still nothing. I tried renaming my file in the backend. I tried updating it manually. Someone please. I'm getting bad feedback.

Mr stuck
Android Fan
Reg: Apr 09, 2012
Fife, Scotland
08/03/13 12:55 PM (10 years ago)
if you have only updated it via buzztouch but are not happy with the apk version you uploaded to play then then you may want to download the source code again and recompile it into a new apk, then submit the new update to play as a new apk so any new users get the new apk download and old users will be informed to update via Play.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
08/03/13 05:01 PM (10 years ago)
Yep....what Mr Stuck said. When they say No, they're not getting the "old" version...they're getting the version that is defined by the configuration file you compiled the app with. If you want to give them the most up-to-date version, then submit a new apk with the configuration file that contains the version you want. Simple as that! Also...make sure your app is shipping with the Live version of the config file. It's an easy mistake to make. Mark

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.