Discussion Forums  >  Status Bar, Navigation Bar

Replies: 4    Views: 275

TarekRS
Android Fan
Reg: Jun 26, 2015
dubai
07/18/15 03:39 PM (8 years ago)

navigation buttons problem android

hi dears , i am doing my first android app and i am facing the following problem , first , the back button on the top navigation bar always takes me to the home screen while it should take me to the previous page only , another problem I want to choose an image as a Right button Type but i only have an option to choose text , also i am facing problem when choosing Browser back Button from Documents behavior as the back button appears on my android emulator but it does nothing , it should take me to the previous page , I've tried but with no luck note : all my screens are custom html please i need your help thanks

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
07/18/15 04:26 PM (8 years ago)
the back button on the navigation bar is not supposed to go to the previous screen, its suppose to go to the home button. http://developer.android.com/training/implementing-navigation/ancestral.html if its the browser button and its not going to the previous web page then something wrong.it should not go to the previous screen on the app though.its just for browsing the website you're on. you have to do some custom coding if you dont want your app to work the way the android guidelines specifies.its pretty easy .just read the documentation and they show how

TarekRS
Android Fan
Reg: Jun 26, 2015
dubai
07/18/15 05:20 PM (8 years ago)
thanks for reply , any way to make it go back to the previous screen without coding ? regards

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Amarillo, Texas
07/18/15 06:06 PM (8 years ago)
Your welcome,No that's the only way

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Amarillo, Texas
07/18/15 06:07 PM (8 years ago)
You really can't do any original stuff without custom coding.that's why buzztouch is so amazoing.because you can add whatever You want to enhance

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.