Discussion Forums  >  Status Bar, Navigation Bar

Replies: 6    Views: 320

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
12/03/13 03:28 PM (10 years ago)

I want my Black Status Bar back!!!

Hi all, Having some issues with an iOS 7 update to my Woodstock app. It's my first time indulging in Xcode 5. I've already got over the first hurdle, however the Status Bar is mess in the whole layout. I'm still sticking with 2.0 for this app, as many of the plugins aren't updated yet and I have made so many customisations that I don't want to re-do with a fresh download. But with iOS 7, they seem to have no background behind the Status bar... I want the black back, because it is messing my customisations. Because the status bar is messed up, so is the navigation bar as well. This also means the menu rows are now out of line and what's not. It's sooooo annoying. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35528309/App/Screenshot%202013.12.03%2022.10.19.png

MadRod
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
Lisbon
12/03/13 03:39 PM (10 years ago)
If you're gonna make a BT 2.0, I'd use the old Xcode 4.6 (or something). You won't have any trouble and the app will work just as fine in IOS7. Remember, that Apple will allow (if you wish) the user to download a previous (non IOS7) version after you've updated to an IOS7 version (minimum requirement). If you wanna use this feature, you should upload a last version for all IOS as an offline, so that you can then update to IOS7. Cheers.

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Oxford
12/03/13 03:42 PM (10 years ago)
I was thinking about this, but wouldn't it still fall into the same issues? Also, what would happen to iOS 7 users? Would they experience as I am showing in the images above. It's just that I cannot mess up, because I'm dealing with clients who are already telling me to hurry up (and I've still got to go through approval)!

Cakebit
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 15, 2010
In your local b...
12/03/13 03:49 PM (10 years ago)
@Thomas Boyd, If you use an older version of Xcode it will work as if you aren't using iOS7. It will use the same regular status bar and tab bar as before.

MadRod
Aspiring developer
Reg: Apr 12, 2012
Lisbon
12/03/13 03:50 PM (10 years ago)
How do your BT 2.0 apps run today on IOS 7? They were built and submitted on Xcode 4.6,. They run fine, thats how these updates Will run. I updated All my apps on Xcode 4.6 and had no problems, its the same.

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
12/03/13 04:01 PM (10 years ago)
@Thomas - I thought I was going crazy and the only one with the black bar issue. I literally just discovered the issue a few minutes ago, it was my default theme for the app, using the black bars. I didn't think that was it because the height was too big, but I didn't realize that it was the status bar and the nav bar put together. The funny thing is, all the controls are still up there, just not visible. if we had a way of changing the font color to white (without hand coding it), I think I would have caught it earlier. Phew, glad I wasn't losing my mind... or what little parts of it I have left. But yeah, I agree, all of my styles for that app were based around black bars... looks kind of funky and poorly designed with the other color bars. Oh well, forces me to do a graphic update :)

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Oxford
12/03/13 04:09 PM (10 years ago)
Ahhh... Just opening Xcode 4.6.3 brings back some nice memories. The layout is familiar and everything makes sense. It's like reuniting with an old mate! In my personal opinion, I don't really like iOS 7 and Xcode 5, although it does look ok. But I have to face the facts. I can't hog onto iOS 6 forever, and my 5S of course runs the latest operation system.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.