Discussion Forums  >  Capturing Images, Uploading Data

Replies: 7    Views: 215

Marko
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 04, 2011
UK, Alcester
01/16/13 04:50 PM (11 years ago)

iphone screen in middle of ipad

I have been asked by a friend who codes apps for android how to do a certain thing in iOS (I think I over egged my skills when showing him my iOS app). His question is that his company want him to do a version of there android app on the iPad that has a screen in the centre of iPad about the size of an iphone that is the active screen part of app, with a huge border that has company logo. In effect they just want the iphone app to fit in centre of ipad screen and not resize to larger screen. I dont know why, nor does he, but his boss is a little pedantic (and looking to run in any dictator elections) Is there a way to do this, so I can inform him and look like I know what I am talking about rather than looking like one of my students (when I was a teacher) who handed me in homework he copied from wikipedia but he misheard me when I asked to do a few paragraphs on evolution and he did 2 pages on ovulation! Any help greatly appreciated.

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
01/16/13 05:06 PM (11 years ago)
Long time tough guy, happy 2013! Hmm, you know I doubt Apple would even approve an app like that. Apple to developer 'so, we give you a nice large shiny retina display screen and you decide to use 20% of it' I may be wrong, often am but that was my first thought.

Marko
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 04, 2011
UK, Alcester
01/16/13 05:26 PM (11 years ago)
Hey great to see the new lovely photo, and hope all is well with you, the beautiful young lady and the dog. I thought the same thing about apple doing that, and I agree with them I hate apps that don't make the most of hardware. Its my fault for when he lavished praise on a art app I had done, I did that thing that all Michaelangelo assistants did when trying to impress a Roman beauties by pointing up to the ceiling of the cistein chapel when the a young Latin beauty said what part did you do. There was no mention of buzztouch coding infrastructure in my expalination of the app. There is a high price when you use the deception of silence.

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
01/16/13 05:33 PM (11 years ago)
Nice one, appreciate it. Stick around buddy, you add something to the forums. Back to my hot toddy.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/16/13 06:06 PM (11 years ago)
Just smile and say "I'd love to, but that's not within Apple Guidelines, so...." Cheers! -- Smug

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
01/16/13 06:16 PM (11 years ago)
You could send a PM to @Kittsy. He can figure out anything. It's a bit weird, but should be easy with any screen using a xib file as a basis. A lot of new plugins use a xib file. You still need a menu, but I have seen other Buzztouch apps with custom xib home menu screens. The new Carousel could work, if you use some of Kittsy's settings.

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
01/16/13 06:16 PM (11 years ago)
Hey Marko, Just build an iphone app and have the ipad users download it. I know that my iphone app works on an ipad. It starts out about the size of an iphone screen with a button that says 2x to expand it to the full screen size. The full screen size has a lower resolution though because its an iphone app. The surrounding area is black though and i dont think that you can do anything with it. good luck, Dave

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
02/13/13 08:37 AM (11 years ago)
Hey Marko, Are you still wanting to join us for our meetups in Oxford? Annandale Apps

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.