Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 3    Views: 610

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
10/04/20 08:37 AM (3 years ago)

Newest iOS Code on Self-Hosted Server

When you download the code for a new app from a self-hosted server, does the self-hosted server grab the latest version of the iOS code from Buzztouch.com? I would like to make an app that has the latest iOS code in it so that I don't have all of the deprecated code. Thanks.

Cakebit
Code is Art
Reg: Dec 15, 2010
In your local b...
10/08/20 01:28 AM (3 years ago)
Hi Susan! Yes! The Self Hosted servers grab the latest release of the Buzztouch source (currently 4.0.5 for iOS, 4.0.3 for Android). The only exception to this is Self Hosted panels aren't currently eligible to receive beta versions of the Buzztouch source code, so if you're interested in testing a beta release (currently, none available) you'll want to use Buzztouch.com. Hopefully that answers your question... Thanks! Edit: Just wanted to note, depending on the version you're compiling... the app package name may not reflect the latest Buzztouch package version... when I just tested the package name came back as "appname-iOS-BTv3.0", but when looking at the source and README.txt the release version is 4.0.5 for iOS. This may be something we can patch in a future self hosted release... but it requires some changes to the API on Buzztouch's end.

Joe Sprott
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 20, 2011
Melbourne, FL
10/17/20 04:15 AM (3 years ago)
Sue, it's interesting to me that I just started looking at building apps again and low and behold here you are. In the past I was in touch with GoNorthwest during his cancer battle. Do you know if he made it.

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 30, 2012
Basingstoke
10/20/20 01:36 AM (3 years ago)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.