amysus
Lost but trying
Reg: Oct 28, 2011
traveling the w...
05/24/16 06:42 PM (7 years ago)

Adobe Muse HTML?

Does anyone know if I can take the html export from Adobe Muse and include it in a Buzztouch created iOS app? I have tried with no luck, but perhaps I am doing it wrong. The HTML includes CSS, XML, and JQuery scripts (as it's an audio player). I am not sure what to do with all of that! Where do I include it? Thank you!

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
05/25/16 06:36 AM (7 years ago)
All the extra files from html go into the docs folder, thats how i got mine to work, Im sure one of the gurus will chip in and give you a proper breakdown. Cheers Sean

amysus
Lost but trying
traveling the w...
05/25/16 06:48 AM (7 years ago)
Hi Sean, Do you know what I do with the CSS and the Assets and the XML ... there are a bunch of things that are exported from Muse, some of which are within other folders (there is an assets folder, a css folder, and a scripts folder). There are also some loose items, sitemap.xml, musee_manifest.xml, and index.html. I suppose I link to the index file and put that in the BT Docs folder, but the rest I am unsure of. Thoughts? Thank you! Amy

FunkyMonkey
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 07, 2013
blackpool
05/25/16 07:59 AM (7 years ago)
everything else go,s into the docs folder, lot of trial and error im afraid, Im not very good with the html side, I avoid it if poss, But when I have used it, I just put everything in there and it worked. Thanks Sean

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
05/26/16 11:16 PM (7 years ago)
Sean is correct...everything should go in the BT_Docs folder, and then it "should" work just fine. If you include everything that Adobe Muse spits out, using the same folder hierarchy, there "shouldn't" be any problems! You'll then need to use the HTML plugin and point it to the correct file that you're bundling with the app. Mark

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
05/27/16 09:06 AM (7 years ago)
As a way of testing, put all your html/xml etc files into a folder on your desktop (eg outside Buzztouch). Test your html with a local browser. When you are happy that it all works, then copy everything into your BT_Docs folder and try it in your app. I find it is easier to debug things this way.

amysus
Lost but trying
traveling the w...
05/27/16 09:32 AM (7 years ago)
Thanks all - working on it now. So far the one thing that did not work was the audio file, as Muse put it in an assets folder. I moved it to the BT audio folder and then edited the HTML, removing the folder info in the path. That worked, though not sure that the skin is looking correct ... working on that now. Thank you all for keeping the tips coming!

benedettoapp
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 22, 2013
Italy
06/22/16 03:24 AM (7 years ago)
I'm also still here waiting.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.