Rad Doc
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 08, 2010
USA, NYC
03/09/12 02:40 AM (12 years ago)

Delete App Option

Does anyone see the Perm. Delete App Option? I think i may be overlooking it but cant seem to find. Thanks

dpapa
Apple Fan
Reg: Mar 07, 2012
Athens
03/09/12 03:31 AM (12 years ago)
can't find it either... I'm trying to delete an app i created and i can' t find that option anywhere :/ ? any ideas?

Rad Doc
Apple Fan
USA, NYC
03/09/12 03:37 AM (12 years ago)
I just read in another post by Parker that it is not avail to us just yet. Shouldn't be too long until the team adds it to the CP. Stay Tuned.

dpapa
Apple Fan
Athens
03/09/12 03:46 AM (12 years ago)
ok cool :). thanks for the info :)

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
03/09/12 04:09 AM (12 years ago)
Yup, delete is a gonner for now. This intentional while we work out TONS of first-day-kinks. I'm thinking it's going to be rough all week! We'll get the delete option figured out. But, something to consider: If a new user registers to use the site, and doesn't get grandfathered in like you all did (@dpapa, you made it by one day, whoo hoo!) we need to limit their control panels to a few apps. Not because we want to, but because we have to. You can't imagine how many thousands of folks have created in some cases hundreds and hundreds of apps that affect the level of service we can provide to the folks that only make a few. It's not sustainable. So, today we've removed the delete option to try to get a grip on this. We'll work out whether or not it will return for everyone or not. If you need an app removed because it's just killing you to see it, send us an email, we'll get rid of it for ya so you don't have to look at it anymore. LOL.

Rad Doc
Apple Fan
USA, NYC
03/09/12 04:17 AM (12 years ago)
David, in any event I can just rename, change package I'd and reuse an old unused app that never went into play. I was looking to do some spring cleaning. Thanks For the update an great job on the new site.

dpapa
Apple Fan
Athens
03/09/12 05:31 AM (12 years ago)
Exactly my problem! :p..i just want to be able to rename it :). Or if you would like, please remove all apps i've created they were just for practice purposes. i'd like to start off clean again :) . And dave, one question please...Where is the ''real time'' view of what were doing on the iphone screen. It was there on 1.4? .. any idea if this will be availble? makes it easier for us non programmers to figure it out easier... Just saying :) . Thanks for all the help and info, and congrats on this site :)

Michael Lee
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 03, 2012
location unknow...
05/06/12 10:29 PM (11 years ago)
hi guys, newbie here, straight off the proverbial boat!! really dont see why you would remove deleting apps you dont need, its like looking at dirty pants sitting on your bedroom floor!!! lol How come I cant delete my screens either? Is this a 'we hate deleting' campaign. Solutions welcome Lee p.s great site and I have learnt a packet so far and my first app is for a hotel so I am trying to stay clear of code, so far, so good. Another q while Im here, how do I make my home screen an icon button menu instead of the list buttons, cant delete, must delete, up til 4 in the morning due to this !! must remember, patience and enthusiasm, patience and enthusiasm,lol

QuiggityBiggity
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 05, 2011
Baltimore
05/10/12 09:26 PM (11 years ago)
Michael, You can delete your screens (just not applications). Go to "Screens and menus" and look in the rightmost column. When you create a new 'menu' screen, you have three options - 'search,' 'list', and 'buttons.' it sounds like you want buttons for your menu. In the future I would recommend you try searching the forums before you start asking questions unrelated to the original post :) -Nick

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.