teamcaz
I hate code!
Reg: Jun 12, 2011
carlsbad
04/11/15 06:27 PM (9 years ago)

Xcode says plugin not found, I can't figure this out...

I can't seem to get my app to run in Xcode, says "plugin not found". I have never had this issue, anyone else having this issue? Thanks

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/11/15 07:19 PM (9 years ago)
For the most part, it means it can't find the plugin. I'm not trying to sound snarky. The reason could be a couple of different things: 1) The plugin was not correctly added to the project 2) The plugin's class name doesn't match the name in BT_config.txt 3) You added a plugin in the control panel after you've downloaded the project. #2 is rare, but can happen, usually as an 'oops' by the developer, and usually fixed in v1.1 #1 is usually the case. #3 happens more than you'd think. Try removing the plugin from your project, and re-adding it. If it still happens, look at the class name of the plugin, and compare it to your BT_config.txt If you don't find anything odd, and still have the issue, try downloading the project again. If it *still* has issues, give us a yell and we'll dig deeper. Cheers! -- Smug

Tony @ Buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 05, 2011
Saint Louis, Mi...
04/12/15 08:06 AM (9 years ago)
Teamcaz, smug is a wealth of knowledge and he is right out target in this one. I would try to add the plugin back into Xcode. Then clean and rebuild. Grab the newest config file prior to rebuilding as well do it is updated in the project. Tony Buzztouch

teamcaz
I hate code!
Reg: Jun 12, 2011
carlsbad
04/14/15 01:41 PM (9 years ago)
Thank you all, I did what you said and walla it worked :)

klvo
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jul 12, 2015
Phoenix
07/14/15 10:16 AM (8 years ago)
I WAS ABLE TO SOLVE THIS BY... when you drag the Plugins folder into the XCode project, ensure you select "Create groups" not "Create folder references" and Copy items if needed is unchecked.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.