mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
05/22/17 01:41 PM (6 years ago)

Missing Navbar Title text

I am finally getting around to updating my iOS apps (building for iOS 8.0). After getting some plugins updated I can get the apps to build but there is no navigation bar title text. There IS a right navbar icon (search), and I DO see the back arrow when going screen to screen. Just no title. I have a white background, and made sure the title text font is #000000. Any ideas? I have "fade" transitions for every screen, so maybe similar to this? https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39828819/ios-10-view-controller-navigation-bar-title-hidden Josh

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
05/24/17 07:55 PM (6 years ago)
In everything or just one screen? Cheers! -- Smug Edit: And just for giggles, you might check: Line 90ish of your AppName_appDelegate.m file; it defines the color black or white, which may conflict with your desires. Line 216ish of BT_viewController.m that sets up the navbar appearance. When I change the navbar background color, text, and such, I do so at the end of this (-configNavBar) method (around line 426ish). An example is located here: https://pastebin.com/t5Svs3rT Line 1-4 is BT orig. Line 29+ is BT orig. Line 8-26 is my modification code.

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Medford, MA
05/25/17 05:22 PM (6 years ago)
There are actually two problems I've noticed with the newest BT iOS apps. 1- loads fine, but if you try to refresh or close the app and re-enter you get a blank white screen. I typically "disconnect" my apps from BT, so once I remove those lines of code from the config.txt file it loads/reloads normally. 2. My main problem now is that EVERY screen has a blank title in the navigation bar. All instances of "navBarTitleTextColor" in my project are set to "000000". Solid color. Jake Chasan has had similar issues, not sure why no one has mentioned this before in the forums. Are people not using the latest iOS release? Josh

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
05/26/17 08:25 AM (6 years ago)
Hi mutzy, I tried to reproduce the problems you described, but couldn't. 1) refreshes work for me. 2) I set my navbar to white background, I see black writing. I used a theme. On self hosted or buzztouch hosted, it seems fine to me. Both on builds that I downloaded a week or two ago. Alan

Tyroner
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 26, 2012
Johannesburg, S...
05/28/17 09:01 AM (6 years ago)
I'm using latest Xcode version and BT Controller. No such issues.

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Medford, MA
05/28/17 05:08 PM (6 years ago)
Okay, I eventually figured it out on my own. For some reason I had to remove "navBarStyle":"solid" from my global theme. Not sure why that would cause a problem, as it never did before. But alas it works now. Josh

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.