Discussion Forums  >  WebViews and HTML for Mobile

Replies: 1    Views: 307

Mr stuck
Android Fan
Reg: Apr 09, 2012
Fife, Scotland
10/29/16 06:44 PM (7 years ago)

Been a loooooong time.

Hi Folks Wow it's been years since I visited good old buzztouch. The place looks as good as ever and I think I might even give my apps I made years ago a makeover. The old apps html doesn't play well with newer versions of android software. I wanted to know if that's just due to old code in the html plug in or if it's still the same plug in it was about 5 years ago? If so it will simply be a case of updating the old html docs themselves. Surprised there are still those downloading these apps to be honest but it might be worth updating them. Huge thanks in advance.

nadthevlad
Code is Art
Reg: Jun 07, 2012
Denver
10/30/16 04:58 AM (7 years ago)
At one point Google updated the their webview. The change from the old to new happens in the background. I don't think you need to change your code. Just recompile and resubmit. Use at least Android 4.4 per this: https://developer.chrome.com/multidevice/webview/overview Edit: Use 4.4.3 as the minimum

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.