Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 13    Views: 331

Skywalker
Apple Fan
Reg: Dec 25, 2013
上海
01/16/14 05:04 PM (10 years ago)

Rejected by Apple Store....T_T

12.3: Apps that are simply web clippings, content aggregators, or a collection of links, may be rejected does this means that I can't use the Customer HTML/URL plugin? Thanks and Regards, SKywalker

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
01/16/14 05:06 PM (10 years ago)
That means you may have used that particular plugin too many times. Basically, if your app is composed primarily of things that can be put on a web page, then they figure that's where it belongs. Apple likes interactivity - maps, quizzes, cool menus, dynamic content, etc. It's a fine line sometimes, but some people try and squeeze their website into an app to "mobilize it," and Apple doesn't like that. Try adding some unique plugins that give your app some interactivity and reasons for coming back over and over. That'll help push it through. Don't give up! Many of us have been rejected for this same reason, and we're all now in the app store! Mark

Skywalker
Apple Fan
上海
01/16/14 05:12 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks so much for your advice ,Mark I will keep going to publish this app ^_^

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
01/16/14 05:29 PM (10 years ago)
Sweet! In reality, I don't think you can use the HTML plugin "too many times," but if all your app is is content found on a website, then that's what they have issue with. Lots of original content can be created on the device itself with the HTML plugin. It really boils down to making an app that keeps people coming back to the device, and not back to a website. Apple sells devices, and they want people to use them! Good luck! Mark

Skywalker
Apple Fan
上海
01/16/14 05:39 PM (10 years ago)
hi, Mark yes, u r right, using HTML is easy for us to develop app, but apple doesn't like that... actually I want to build a APP of some industry, one page of this app is called "platform", in there, people can login in different websites of that industry to do business.. so in this vision, I used the custom URL with the address of each website, but was rejected by App Store as "web links collectors " So I decide to integrate the websites' API key and screte login in GUI into my app to make more like a native app rather than web app... Does you know how to do that? is there already a plugin on market can help me do that? Thanks and Regards, Skywalker

Tony @ Buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Mar 05, 2011
Saint Louis, Mi...
01/16/14 06:39 PM (10 years ago)
Mark nice job answering his question! Tony

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
01/16/14 06:46 PM (10 years ago)
Was working down the forums and just saw this after answering the post above! Doh!

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
01/16/14 07:39 PM (10 years ago)
Hi Skywalker, That app is likely to get rejected as well. If basically all you're creating is a "portal" of sorts to log into various other websites, they'll just say that your users can use a browser for that, and they don't need an app. Browsers come on all Apple devices, so they won't think twice about telling you your users can use the browser. Just something to think about. This isn't a problem on Android...you can do whatever you want there, and it'll all get into the store. Mark

MacApple
Apple Fan
USA
01/16/14 07:40 PM (10 years ago)
Android - Do whatever you like and by golly we'll catch Apple. True story.

Skywalker
Apple Fan
上海
01/16/14 07:50 PM (10 years ago)
hi, Mark and MacApple I already developed an Android version of that app, though the code environment is not as easy as Xcode, the publishing process is more convenient than App store.... Thanks for your guys' advice. I will figure it out by myself how to do next ... Regards, Skywalker

MacApple
Apple Fan
USA
01/16/14 07:51 PM (10 years ago)
Adopt, adapt and improve. Or words to that effect.

Absentia
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Oct 20, 2011
Alaska
01/17/14 02:04 AM (10 years ago)
yep, I've been rejected for this exact same reason..more than once. Things you can do to make your app more than just a "collection of links" ------ add a quiz - no matter how ridiculous the idea of a quiz in your app might seem, a lot of times it is a necessary step to get your app approved. Heck, I've created an "elevator quiz" for my walkthrough for an elevator escape game add social features (Scringo) - point this out in the review notes and the reviewer might just take the bait add push notifications - Apple reviewers like to see native iOS features, and push notifications are a great place to start add videos (youtube plugin is great for this) - even thought this is still technically just adding links to videos, it doesn't appear that way when you use the youtube plugin. Videos launch in the iOS video player so it looks like it's integrated into the app. there are a lot of other ways...don't worry, you'll get it through eventually

Skywalker
Apple Fan
上海
01/17/14 04:46 AM (10 years ago)
Thanks for your advices, Absentia, I will keep on going to make this app on board.... actually I have add lots some non-web like features to my app. but those guy of App store just focus on one page of web link collection.. too much restriction will hurt the passion of creating iOS app....I expressed my dissatisfaction to those guys..haha

Jennyapps
I hate code!
Reg: Jun 12, 2011
Tasmania, Austr...
02/17/14 03:24 PM (10 years ago)
Some nice tips there! Thanks Absentia for helping us Newbies get our apps approved :)

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.