Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 8    Views: 351

David73
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 12, 2013
Texas
02/10/18 03:46 PM (6 years ago)

Plugins ???

I just logged into Buzztouch because I need to do my annual app updates. I was excited to see what was new and what kind of improvements I could make to my apps. To my dismay, it appears that Buzztouch has pretty much dried up. There's a grand total of 13 plugins now. I have a bunch of older ones, and maybe some of them will work, but if they don't, there's almost nothing that could be created with the plugins that now are supported. Am I missing something? Has Buzztouch went away?

nadthevlad
Code is Art
Reg: Jun 07, 2012
Denver
02/11/18 01:38 AM (6 years ago)
This should answer some of your questions. https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=E68FCA6634BBA4CDA4B61E1 I suspect this had a lot to do with any downturn. At least it shouldn't be an issue anymore. https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=AA043090B5745B0EB2301A0&currentPage=1

David73
Aspiring developer
Texas
02/11/18 10:02 PM (6 years ago)
Yeah, I read that first post months ago. I expected there to be more done now that 6+ months has passed.

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
02/13/18 04:22 PM (6 years ago)
Hey David. How's tricks? BT hasn't gone away, the plugins that are still available are some of the best and the core code is updated and stable. A lot of the old plugins were junk, free market economics wins and loses. Are there specific ones you are unable to be without? It's often a few simple tweaks to being them up to speed. Back to the Olympics. Elise Christie was pushed!!

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
02/15/18 06:14 PM (6 years ago)
BT always seems to have great ideas with lots of momentum behind them, but when things don't work out there are very long gaps when not much gets done. At least not on the surface. As navthelad linked above, the last post on plugins was back in November. It said "We will continue updating the popular plugins that were previously available for sale on the market." I agree a lot of the old plugins were junk, but some were not, and need to come back. The "add to favorites" plugin, quiz plugin, and "row image menu" plugin are three that I used quite a lot, and were GOOD plugins, but no longer exist. All we can do is wait to see if anything changes, or give up and go elsewhere.

David73
Aspiring developer
Texas
02/16/18 12:54 PM (6 years ago)
So, I still haven't gotten any answer that makes me think things are gonna work out. Seriously, if you look at the available plugins, you literally could not create an app without doing custom coding. If I wanted to do that I would, well, custom code my app. To add on to mutzy, we need the add to favorites plugin, we need the quiz plugin, we need a news plugin, we need a display webpage plugin. If all it takes is a few simple tweaks as MacApple says, why hasn't it been done? I realize my $15 a month doesn't pay a lot, but there are a lot of us that are paying $15 a month just to keep our account active so we can update old apps, at least a little bit. At this point, I won't even attempt to submit an app update to Apple, I just hope to keep updating the dynamic content. If there is someone that can do custom coding with Buzztouch, I am open to paying someone. Otherwise, I'm probably gonna have to hire a programmer and re-build my apps from scratch.

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
02/16/18 02:48 PM (6 years ago)
Just in case you aren't aware, and for others on the forum, there ARE more than 13 plugins. Another 15 or so of the original plugins by David are now included automatically and are found in the BT_screens folder.

Jake Chasan
Veteran developer
Reg: May 13, 2011
location unknow...
02/17/18 11:28 AM (6 years ago)
@David73: if you need custom programming for your app (whether a plugin or an entirely new build), please feel free to reach out to me at [email protected]

David73
Aspiring developer
Texas
05/22/18 10:37 PM (5 years ago)
Jake, sorry for the extreme delay. I had some personal stuff come up. Getting back to apps finally. I am definitely interested in some custom work. I will send you an email.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.