Janeen
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 11, 2013
Southern Califo...
08/20/14 03:20 PM (9 years ago)

iTunes Connect - Price Tier, Availability Date

Hello, I'm trying to add my first app to iTunes and I'm stuck on a screen. I've Googled around and can't seem to find an answer - my search terms are probably lacking. Anyway, I'm uncertain about what to put for the "availability date and price tier" for my app. How am I supposed to fill these out? I won't be finished with my app for a couple of weeks. Also, my app will be free but include an in app purchase. Do I use the FREE price tier, or the $1.99? Thanks, Janeen

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
08/20/14 04:40 PM (9 years ago)
I usually put now meaning i don't select anything and once it is approved it will be available to download. Tier pricing its up to you. If you are including an in-app purchase usually offering it free is fine and use 1.99 for the in-app purchase. Either way, no matter when you submit it won't be available until after the process that upload and when it is reviewed by a reviewer and approved to be included in the App Store. I hope this helps :) I might have confused you! I do that sometimes hehe

Janeen
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 11, 2013
Southern Califo...
08/20/14 04:46 PM (9 years ago)
Thanks for the response! Okay, so the availability date I put in there doesn't matter since it won't be released until it's approved. And I can select FREE for the price tier field, since it actually is a free app. It doesn't matter that there is an in app purchase, it's still considered a free app. I think I've got it. Thanks again!

mysps
Code is Art
Reg: May 14, 2011
Palma
08/20/14 04:55 PM (9 years ago)
Yep!

Ed Goodall
Fusion Technology
Reg: Oct 01, 2011
Wiltshire, UK
08/20/14 11:32 PM (9 years ago)
Availability Date: when you want the app to be on the app store after approval Price Tier: How much you want the app to cost (excluding In App Purchases etc.) Ed

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.