Discussion Forums  >  iOS / Android Beta Testers

Replies: 11    Views: 300

Skywalker
Apple Fan
Reg: Dec 25, 2013
上海
01/09/14 11:57 PM (10 years ago)

can't import the downloaded Android project into ADT Tool...

file---->import----->existing projects into workspace -----> select root director ---->brower... after choose the directory where I place the downloaded android project, the "next" button is in gray, I can't choose it to continue.... Does anybody here know how to import the existing project to the ADT? thanks, Skywalker

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/10/14 02:01 AM (10 years ago)
Normally that's how you would do it; You might try navigating until you're 'inside' the root… Make sure there is an AndroidManifest.xml file that ADT can see… If not, you're either in the wrong place, or you might need to re-download your project... Cheers! -- Smug

Skywalker
Apple Fan
上海
01/10/14 02:46 AM (10 years ago)
hi, Smug thanks for advice. I have solved that problem by re-dowanling the project file..... however when I can't wait to see how my app will be look like in Android device, there 's another problem showed up: "Could not open Selected VM debug port (8700). Make sure you do not have another instance of DDMS or of the eclipse plugin running. If it's being used by something else, choose a new port number in the preferences" Do know what's wrong with this? I hate code and bugs so much..... It's so frustrated in Android development platform than in iOS platform....

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
01/10/14 04:38 AM (10 years ago)
I understand your frustration with Android; I share the same feeling, lol! Remember that you also have to setup a 'virtual' device, if you don't use an actual Android device to test with. People have issues with the simulator, so don't feel like you're the only one… It takes a little persistance to get things working… Make sure your Virtual Device can run the Android API you're designing for… I usually build several different 'models' so that I can test with each one… Good Luck! Cheers! -- Smug

Skywalker
Apple Fan
上海
01/10/14 04:54 AM (10 years ago)
I already set up the virtual device in the VDM panel... still not work, by google, I found lots of people have this problem, but there are using the windows environment, the solution is not suited for Mac.... I hate Android as much as Steve Jobs has......

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
01/10/14 05:00 AM (10 years ago)
Try creating a different device. I didn't get it right the first time. Or the second. You never know. I have noticed a dramatic increase in speed and stability of my Android virtual devices since I upgraded my Mac to 16GB. If your Mac still runs 4GB or less, you're not going to be happy with the simulator even when it does work. If you have any opportunity, obtain a low cost Android device for testing… you'll be very happy you did. Or upgrade the memory in your Mac. You'll be glad of that too :) Cheers! -- Smug

Skywalker
Apple Fan
上海
01/10/14 05:01 AM (10 years ago)
I already set up the virtual device in the VDM panel... still not work, by google, I found lots of people have this problem, but there are using the windows environment, the solution is not suited for Mac.... I hate Android as much as Steve Jobs has......

Skywalker
Apple Fan
上海
01/10/14 05:03 AM (10 years ago)
my mac is already 16GB, but I am very disappointed the speed of virtual device test in eclipse compared to Xcode.... I am considering buying a real android device to do testing.. Regards, Andy

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
01/10/14 10:31 AM (10 years ago)
>I am considering buying a real android device to do testing.. Sooner or later you will have to do it, if you are serious about this entire app business. So better do it sooner. I never use simulator although I am on windows, just plugin the cable, see whether the DDMS part of Eclipse sees the phone or tablet, and you are good to go. Avoid buying Prestigio devices as they do not have driver for windows. Any Samsung or Google or HTC will be ok, though.

Skywalker
Apple Fan
上海
01/10/14 11:18 PM (10 years ago)
hi, Dusko Thanks for your advice.. What if I am using Mac OS, do the Samsung or Google Android phone has Mac driver? Regards, Skywalker

Dusko
Veteran developer
Reg: Oct 13, 2012
Beograd
01/11/14 02:14 AM (10 years ago)
I do not have Mac so I cannot speak from the firsthand experience, but I've read that Mac has no need for drivers, it connects automagically, somehow. But better ask someone who has actually done that -- there should be loads of people available to help you with that.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
01/11/14 04:15 AM (10 years ago)
I run a Mac. I didn't need to install any drivers; the ADT just talks to it. You do need to set 'USB debugging' to ON in your device… Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.