Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 5    Views: 161

Nodderz
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 02, 2012
Adelaide
03/22/13 06:13 PM (11 years ago)

Third rejection

Hey guys rejected again, They are still saying theres not enough feature's :( This time around I added driving direction, and it connects to native maps for Social media sharing. It already has an email feature if there shop isn't on the maps. Is there a way to make my app load native maps? At the moment it uses just plain maps, once you tap a shop and you ask for directions it askes and connects you to native maps? Could this be a reason for rejection? Should I find a way to make it go straight to the native maps? Back to the drawing board!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/23/13 03:40 AM (11 years ago)
It's not the maps. That's the way it works for everyone, unless they've used a different SDK. Even with the recent Google Map SDK it still works that way. What features does it have? Whatever 'topic' the app is for, think about adding a 20 question quiz on the topic. Add something to the app to diversify it's capabilities. Using a well made 'button' menu, or one of Kittsy's or Chris' cool iOS menus might help as well. The thing about Apple is, you never know what makes them happy or sad, so you just have to do the best you can and cross your fingers. Cheers! -- Smug

Alex@TM
Apple Fan
Reg: Dec 20, 2011
London, UK
03/23/13 04:17 AM (11 years ago)
I agree with Smug - it appears you need more content. What is the app about and what is included? Maybe give a screen shot from the simulator? I'm not a fan of 'padding' the app out as suggested by Smug, with a quiz. Really you need an app that will benefit from the features on offer here rather than creating an app and thinking what can I stuff it out with. Thats my opinion but Apple will likely see through that sort of thing anyway. Lets see the beast and maybe there are some ideas for the app you hadnt thought of that the community here could add to.

Nodderz
Aspiring developer
Adelaide
03/24/13 07:40 PM (11 years ago)
Thanks for your advice and feedback guys! Smug - as always! My app is a simple app for finding all of the shops selling a certain food area Australia. So as you can see adding quizzes, audio, video functions is well out of the question. I know i'm going to go back to the drawing board and redesign the menu and splash screen. but function wise, Email, native maps and the sharing capabilities within the maps is about all I can see myself adding without deterring away from what the app actually does!

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/24/13 10:03 PM (11 years ago)
Make it *very* pretty. Apple loves pretty. ;) Good Luck! Cheers! -- Smug

Nodderz
Aspiring developer
Adelaide
03/24/13 10:12 PM (11 years ago)
haha it's all about the pretty'ness haha! lucky My partner did graphic design, i suck.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.