Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 4    Views: 127

RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jan 23, 2013
Park City
04/13/13 12:54 PM (11 years ago)

IOS Features?

App rejected for: - Did not include iOS features. For example, it would be appropriate to use native iOS buttons and iOS features other than just web views, Push Notifications, or sharing. Can someone recommend a short video about what constitutes, "IOS Features", I hate to read Apples LOOOOONG criteria for this.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
04/13/13 04:57 PM (11 years ago)
Basically they like you to tout their technology. Using things like the quiz, kittsy's menus, and things that 'separate' the look/feel of Apple devices as opposed to other platforms. As convenient as web views are, they can be just as easily accessed from a browser, which the style-police at Apple feel are too vanilla. Magnificent graphics always help, which is usually my problem... Hope this helps. Also check out the posts from Niraj; he has a pretty good list of what they like/don't. Cheers! -- Smug

RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Park City
04/13/13 05:03 PM (11 years ago)
Thank you, Smug! First App rejected. Won't be the last, I suspect. Rushing to perfection at one mess at a time, here! lol

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
04/13/13 05:37 PM (11 years ago)
Dish out the plugin market. You'll know what is right from there. All Apple are asking is that your app should be more interactive. It should have better graphics. It's nothing complicated. A little tweaking will do you the job fine. I have never had a rejection yet, but I take time to develop my app so it will get five start ratings. Maybe put yourself in the users shoes. Imagine you have never seen this app before. Does it look visually stunning? Or could it do with improvements. Even the little things add up. Don't give up and keep trying. Just be determined!

RogueWave
Aspiring developer
Park City
04/13/13 06:02 PM (11 years ago)
Thank you Annandale Apps, I am determined as ever. I agree, being in the user's shoes os the best approach.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.