Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 9    Views: 264

stevek
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 24, 2011
great neck
01/19/12 05:49 PM (12 years ago)

CFBundleIdentifier

When setting up my app with Itunes when asked for the bundle id suffix I googled and found that most people used com.companyname.appname so that's what I gave to itunes and then I went to xcode and went to BT_Info.plist and changed the one given by buzztouch (com.appname.com ) to this one. Xcode doens't like this and gives me the error in executing:Error launching remote program: No such file or directory (/Users/skronwith/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/skyeventfinder-dorhkbozxnsqbvfuecnvijqbwred/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/skyeventfinder.app/skyeventfinder). This error was listed in a previous post of mine and I fixed it by option-building. But that seems to have only worked because I had just re-downloaded the code and the plist was back to buzztouch's. When I changed it back to mine, same error. I really don't care if I have to call the CFBundleIdentifier what buzztouch says, but I'd 1) like to know if I can change it and 2) if I can't, I'm hope it's easy enough to go back to Itunes and change the bundle id suffix back to buzztouch's? Help please. Thanks.

Known
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 07, 2012
Suttons Bay, Mi...
01/19/12 05:50 PM (12 years ago)
Have you submitted the app to itunes yet?

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
01/19/12 05:52 PM (12 years ago)
Hi Steve, I think you may be doing this a bit backwards. I changed my BundleIdentifier in Xcode itself, in the screens outlined in my iTunes Connect document. That action will update the BT_Info.plist file for you. This is what I've done for three apps, and it's always worked. Thanks, Mark

Known
Apple Fan
Suttons Bay, Mi...
01/19/12 05:58 PM (12 years ago)
And I might add Mark... that without your excellent documents I never would have gotten my first app to validate. Wanted to send you a case of Leelanau Peninsula wine in thanks, however...:)

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
01/19/12 06:02 PM (12 years ago)
Hi @Known, I appreciate the thought! I'm a SoBe Fruit Punch fanatic myself...much cheaper than wine (but probably not as good!)! Glad the documents are helpful, and please let me know any areas they can be improved in. Thanks! Mark

Known
Apple Fan
Suttons Bay, Mi...
01/19/12 06:10 PM (12 years ago)
Will do Mark. Everything about that first app, probably similar one's first love, was an adventure in discovery. However, now on the other side of it I've had a few Aha moments! I can't believe I spent a whole day trying to figure out where to put and what to name the five screenshots, only to discover upon submitting via iConnect that that was where they were requested. Ok, will keep an out out for some SoBe. I'm a coffee person myself so the wine will need to stay with the wineries! Thanks again Mark, and to everyone on this forum. Excellent resource. Cheryl

stevek
Aspiring developer
great neck
01/19/12 06:16 PM (12 years ago)
Mark, I went back and put back buzztouch's com.appname.com in the plist file and then went to change the identifier in the summary tab of the targets and ran again and still got the error message. Looked at plist and it indeed did change to what I put in the summary but error none-the less. What now? Steve

stevek
Aspiring developer
great neck
01/19/12 06:45 PM (12 years ago)
OK Mark, I went ahead and deleted the downloaded files, and redownloaded the source code (for what, the 3,245th time) and followed your instructions in the document and now it works. By the way, when you mention in the doc to check Architecture, it was a little confusing since I was still on the Targets but the architecture only shows up in Projects. Great doc though! Thanks again. Steve

stevek
Aspiring developer
great neck
01/19/12 06:47 PM (12 years ago)
Mark, one more question. Now that the Bundle identifier in Xcode says com.companyname.appname what exactly should the Budle Index be in Itunes? The exact same thing? Steve

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
01/19/12 08:02 PM (12 years ago)
Hi Steve, I think I downloaded my source around 5 jillion times for my first app...so 3,245 times is pretty good! ;-) The Bundle ID Suffix in iTunes should match what you have in CFBundleIdentifier...I think! It's all very confusing! I can tell I need to update this doc a bit, and make it slightly more clear...because I get confused as well! Basically...you should have a com.companyname.appname field in iTunes Connect, and that needs to match what you have in CFBundleIdentifier in your app. Mark

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.