Replies: 8    Views: 312

Marco73
I hate code!
Reg: Nov 02, 2011
Bologna
09/06/13 01:34 AM (7 years ago)

How to create a context menu?

Hi everyone,
I have some issues in trying to create a context menu.
If I choose select in Top navigation bar - Context menu, it says I have no menu.
I tried to create a simple menu page, but I think this is not the way.
Can you tell me how I can create this kind of menu?
Thank you

epicweb
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 30, 2012
Glen Carbon
09/06/13 09:26 AM (7 years ago)
if you're using IOS I don't think its implemented into the code by Buzztouch yet. Its in the 2.1.9 self hosted control panel but no one has gotten it to show up on IOS. I have seen others on the forum say it works in android.

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
09/06/13 10:04 AM (7 years ago)
I haven't been able to get this to work with Android.

LA

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Oklahoma City, ...
09/06/13 01:27 PM (7 years ago)
Would need to know if you're trying to do this on iOS or Android. If Android, are you working with the new Android Core (3.0)? If so, it's really easy.

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
09/06/13 03:49 PM (7 years ago)
It works fine in Android 3.0, and is not implemented (yet) in iOS.

Without having heard anything 'official', I 'suspect' that Pre-3 android will not be updated, but iOS will. Give David some time; there's a lot of adjustments to be made while he's finishing up the Android update.

Cheers!

-- Smug

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
09/07/13 12:55 AM (7 years ago)
Yup...as Smug says...pre-3.0 (the older android project) will NOT get the context menu option. Why? Because the older android project, built for older devices, does not use an Android Action Bar. Action bars expose menu items for each plugin. Not all plugins use menu items but can if they want. Either way, context menu items are added to the Action Bar menu "under" the plugins standard menu items (that the developer created when making the plugin).

The next iOS project (after iOS 7 comes out) will include a context menu option. It will appear as a menu-icon in the top right of the screen. If you use a Right Button Type, AND a contextMenu you'll have two button on the right of the top nav bar. One for the right button action and one to expose the context menu.

The idea is to evolve this menu logic for awhile and then use it for other purposes later. Lots and lots of things can be done by organizing menus and items this way. Think images and other ways to spruce up a menu. Example: Why can't these context menus get automagically applied to a Button Screen or a Menu List screen? Smug will know exactly what I'm referring to here. Making a menu list, use the items from a context menu. Oops, changed your mind, switch it to a menu list advanced with the same items. Or, make it buttons. Lots of neato things are coming but it's always baby-baby-baby-steps. Like they say, 9 women can't make a baby in a month! Ha.

WolfTimJ
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 20, 2011
Rockwall, TX
09/07/13 06:20 AM (7 years ago)
Dave,

That might be true but I double-dog-dare you to tell a room full of nine women that they can't do something.

I dare you.

Tim

Jlentriken
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 26, 2012
Palm Beach, Gol...
11/27/13 04:34 AM (6 years ago)
Are context menus working for iOS now?
I can't seem to make it work.

Thanks,

Jeremy

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
11/27/13 04:24 PM (6 years ago)
I haven't tried it, but in the meeting this morning it was said that it should be working now.

Cheers!

-- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.