stevek
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 24, 2011
great neck
01/30/17 08:28 PM (7 years ago)

Renaming Project and Target

So after a year without updating I decided to update my app called SkyEventFinder. The old code wouldn't work properly so I created a new app with BT, called it SKyEventFinder4, recreated all my screens, downloaded, compiled and it works just fine. The thing is, the names are different and on the App Store it is SkyEventFinder, not SkyEventFinder4. The app store is expecting the display name to be SkyEventFinder and the bundle identifier to be com.skyeventfinder.com. OK, so I edited these in Xcode easily. But the Target name and Project name are still SKyEventFinder4. Do I have to change them too, since the display name and bundle identifier are now correct, and if I do, how do I do it? Thanks. P.S . Would it be easier to just delete the old SkyEventFInder app for BT, rename SKyEventFinder4 to SKyEventFInder and recompile and redownload?

chris1
Code is Art
Reg: Aug 10, 2012
Austin, TX
01/30/17 11:35 PM (7 years ago)
Shouldn't have to update these for iTunesConnect to accept it. As long as the bundle id is the same, you should be fine.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.