Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 5    Views: 302

TheCloudMediaGroup
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 23, 2012
Spokane
03/19/13 03:49 PM (11 years ago)

The application activity indicator spins indefinitely on the home screen????

I cannot replicate this issue. . . How do I fix this or make it right? We found that your app exhibited one or more bugs, when reviewed on iPad 3rd Gen running iOS 6.1.2, on both Wi-Fi and cellular networks, which is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines. The application activity indicator spins indefinitely on the home screen. For discrete code-level questions, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. Please be sure to: - include the complete details of your rejection issues - prepare any symbolicated crash logs, screenshots, and steps to reproduce the issues for when the DTS engineer follows up. For information on how to symbolicate and read a crash log, please see Tech Note TN2151 Understanding and Analyzing iPhone OS Application Crash Reports. If you have difficulty reproducing this issue, please try testing the workflow as described in <https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/qa/qa1764/>Testing Workflow with Xcode's Archive feature".

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/19/13 05:20 PM (11 years ago)
You tried reproducing using their guidelines and couldn't get it to fail? I'd ask the reviewer for specifics, and explain your situation I suppose... Good Luck! Cheers! -- Smug

TheCloudMediaGroup
Aspiring developer
Spokane
03/19/13 05:29 PM (11 years ago)
They gave me no guidelines other than it spins on the home screen forever. What I pasted is what they said. Seems a little lazy IMO

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
03/19/13 05:35 PM (11 years ago)
In the link they provided is a testing guideline that they follow... You might want to peruse that and see if anything done there counteracts with your app... Cheers! -- Smug

TheCloudMediaGroup
Aspiring developer
Spokane
03/21/13 11:22 AM (11 years ago)
Submitted an appeal and it was approved!! I think the issue was that our web hosting was in limbo land the day that it got reviewed for the first time. When you went to our web panel, it just timed out, so I am guessing that it was trying to fetch a new config file and didn't a definitive yes or no from the host and just timed out. Fixed now:)

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Tamuning, GU
03/21/13 12:40 PM (11 years ago)
Cool! Glad it went through! Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.