Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 10    Views: 297

DavidEdgertonJr
Aspiring developer
Reg: May 21, 2013
Cottage Grove, ...
06/08/13 05:48 PM (10 years ago)

First Rejection from App Store

I put my first app together and submitted it to the store. The feedback was that it did not have enough content and functionality to be accepted. The key words I read in the communication was that it could not be just a web site packaged as an app. The good news is that the content changed dramatically while the app was in review and I learned something from the experience (how to do provisioning files, development, and distribution certificates). Since I missed the timeline on getting the app approved I'm going to work on my next app idea. Thanks for the support and look forward to building more apps with this great platform. David

mrDavid
BTMods.com
Reg: May 21, 2011
San Diego, CA
06/08/13 06:12 PM (10 years ago)
Hey mate. Yup it's all a learning process. What timeline are you talking about by the way? You can fix up the app with a few new plugins and re-submit it to the store - no need to trash the app simply from one rejection :-) Cheers, David https://buzztouchmods.com

DavidEdgertonJr
Aspiring developer
Cottage Grove, ...
06/08/13 06:22 PM (10 years ago)
Thanks for the advice. The app was for an church event that start on June 26. It has the schedule of speakers and classes, a map of the church and surrounding restaurants, and a welcome message from the pastor. I don't know what else I could add that would make sense to resubmit for approval. I teach classes in statistics, information technology, and business mathematics so I think I will work on an app to help my students with the content. I not giving up but I might be thinking too small for what I'm trying to accomplish. Thanks. David

mrDavid
BTMods.com
San Diego, CA
06/08/13 06:29 PM (10 years ago)
Ahhh now it makes sense! It's forsure hard to make an app and have it approved before a nearing date - you never know how long apple takes to review, or if you get rejected a few times and have to wait for another reviewer. Probably best is to start 2 months before the date. Your new app idea sounds great - apps in education are top notch. Let us know if you need any help. Cheers, David https://buzztouchmods.com

DavidEdgertonJr
Aspiring developer
Cottage Grove, ...
06/08/13 06:44 PM (10 years ago)
I will definitely do that. I'm using several things from your buzztouchmods.com site already so I know you have some quality products I may be able to use along with some good advice. Thanks again! David

mrDavid
BTMods.com
San Diego, CA
06/08/13 06:45 PM (10 years ago)
That's awesome to hear! You must be self hosting then? If you ever need support for anything there ask away or DM me. No problem at all. Cheers, David https://buzztouchmods.com

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/08/13 07:01 PM (10 years ago)
Hope it's your last rejection! Sorry about your app, it sounds nice! Apple is what Apple is... Better fortune for next time! Cheers! -- Smug

DavidEdgertonJr
Aspiring developer
Cottage Grove, ...
06/08/13 07:03 PM (10 years ago)
@Smug - Thanks. I appreciate the support. @David - Yes I am self hosting. I thought I would try it to see if I liked it for the next year. So far so good and if I run into issues there I will ask you about that too. David

mrDavid
BTMods.com
San Diego, CA
06/08/13 07:04 PM (10 years ago)
You chose the right way to go. ;) Cheers, David https://buzztouchmods.com

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
06/09/13 08:53 PM (10 years ago)
That is too bad it was rejected, because apps for events are really cool, even if for one time use. It means can finally eliminate the old binders of materials. Can you resubmit it for the church for ongoing use? Then it will be ready for the next event.

DavidEdgertonJr
Aspiring developer
Cottage Grove, ...
06/10/13 05:22 AM (10 years ago)
That was the idea. I thought that if I did good job with the app it could just be refreshed for additional events. I may come back to it after figure out what else I can add to it from a functionality standpoint. Thanks for the support. I hope to get good enough so I can make plugins one day. David

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.