Discussion Forums  >  Plugins, Customizing, Source Code

Replies: 0    Views: 415

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
11/29/17 02:52 PM (6 years ago)

Updating apps with BT 3.0 and iOS 11

After about 18 months I have finally gotten around to updating my apps for iPhone X an iOS 11 with the newest BT. After recreating just under 100 menus (the menu plugin I used is no longer supported) and figuring out a few tweaks I submitted my app update to Apply 2 days ago. Within 24 hours it had gone under review and was accepted... Apple has gotten MUCH quicker! Here's a few things I have come across so far: 1. You need to manually add a a launch image for iPhone X otherwise there will be black bars at the top and bottom. Easy to do. 2. A few of us have noticed the large ugly back button. I'm not sure why BT doesn't use the default barbutton item? Anyhoo, I followed the advice of the following BT post: <a href="https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=E9DFA2E283C8A31521F2168&sortColumn=FT.id&sortUpDown=DESC&currentPage=1" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.buzztouch.com/forum/thread.php?tid=E9DFA2E283C8A31521F2168&sortColumn=FT.id&sortUpDown=DESC&currentPage=1</a> Still works fine on my iPhone. There wasn't an issue on the simulator, but when I downloaded my newly updated app to my iPad and iPad mini I noticed the back arrow isn't there. It still works if I press the area, but no image. Not sure why. 3. I used to be able to figure out how to change the tint color for the tab bar icons/text but that code has been changed. Anyone know how to do this? 4. Lastly, while this last app used only the basic html plugin for content, the next one to get updated uses the html pro plugin to link to other pages. In two different apps, on both devices and the simulator, there is consistently a 3 second lag time between clicking on the menu item and having the page load. I can't release an app that takes 3 seconds to load each page. Chris? Anyway you can please fix this? Thank everyone, and good luck updating your own apps! Josh

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.