Discussion Forums  >  Audio, Video, Playing, Recording

Replies: 1    Views: 304

bioninja
Lost but trying
Reg: Jul 08, 2012
Melbourne
03/18/18 09:18 PM (6 years ago)

Sound doesn't work when ringer is muted

This isn't a huge issue, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a fix? Basically, the phones will only play sound when the ringer is not muted (i.e. not set to vibrate). Anyone know how to fix it so the sound can still work when the phone is on vibrate? It's not a big issue, but most people have their phones on vibrate and would just assume the sound doesn't work (which is what I assumed initially!). How do I disengage my app's sound functions from the phone's ringer function? I've read on a developer's forum that certain things are linked to the ringer muting and other things aren't. Anyone know how to dissociate the apps sound function from the ringer muting?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
03/21/18 04:19 AM (6 years ago)
I'm not sure... On my iPhone, the ringer volume, and the music volume are two different settings. I listen to music with the ringer off (via that little switch) and have had no issues... Just my observation. Cheers! -- Smug

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.