Discussion Forums  >  WebViews and HTML for Mobile

Replies: 2    Views: 303

clhend
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 23, 2014
Weatherford, TX
01/08/15 06:13 PM (9 years ago)

Does the URL show?

If I use one of the plug-ins what takes one directly to a url (and caches it when not online) will the URL be visible to the user? I'm thinking about creating a simple website just for the purpose of hosting some of the information (making it a lot easier to make changes), however, I don't want the URL to actually be visible (too easy to share that way and lose possible sales of the app) Thanks, Cheryl (clhend)

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
01/08/15 09:20 PM (9 years ago)
Well, it sort of works like this... If you have a dataURL as the 'address', when the user taps the menu, the screen opens, the page is downloaded and cached for later, and displayed. But they only download and cache when the user pulls up the screen, so if you have 100 pages online, and the user selects 'one' from the menu, *that* will be the only page available offline. The easiest solution would be to bundle a page in the app. If you make changes, then switch (in the control panel) from local file to dataURL, so the next time the user taps the menu, that page will be downloaded and cached. Hope this helps. Cheers! -- Smug

clhend
Aspiring developer
Reg: Dec 23, 2014
Weatherford, TX
01/08/15 09:27 PM (9 years ago)
Thanks. Guess I'll have to try it and see how it works. Appreciate your help.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.