Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 4    Views: 270

Bonzo
Apple Fan
Reg: Jan 30, 2012
Basingstoke
02/16/12 06:23 AM (12 years ago)

Guidance needed on app idea

All, I want to have a screen which is kind of a form where the user will enter data and then some maths will be carried out instantly or with a 'calculate' button. Now this obviously isnt standard BT.... Would i: whichever the answer, i would have to go away and google but i want to be looking at the best (and hoefully easiest) option for me a) create maybe an html form and use the custom html form option in BT? (can you do maths in HTML?) b) or create an screen in BT and then overwrite the code in xcode to that screen? - if i did this, would i need an XIB to design the screen or can you do all the screen layout design in code itself? This is what i am trying to achieve http://www.flickr.com/photos/75599381@N07/6886102057/ All white fields above the buttons will require user input, all white fields below will be calculated automatically. Thanks in advance

Zackamo
Aspiring developer
Reg: Oct 25, 2011
Bryan TX
02/16/12 07:55 AM (12 years ago)
This shows kinda how math could be done via code for android. http://www.vogella.de/articles/Android/article.html#first However, your best bet is probably going to be figure out a way to do it in an HTML doc or Custom HTML file using java or jquery. I say this, because most likely you have a solution then that will work on both platforms immediately. I will not be able to help you much here, but thats where I would start working.

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
02/16/12 08:07 AM (12 years ago)
Back in January someone figured out how to do this with HTML via a Spreadsheet converter. Spreadsheet to HTML. I'll post a link later. The cost was minimal, solution fantastic. Fred Fred

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
02/16/12 07:50 PM (12 years ago)
This also seems like a perfect use of Javascript. You can code up a form with all kinds of formulas, and as you type in the info, or hit the calculate button, it produces the output. You can find examples of this all over if you Google something like 'javascript calculator.' To enable this in BT, you would create an HTML screen, and include the Javascript. Lots of people have done this! Mark

Fred@mySkylla com
Android Fan
Reg: Oct 03, 2011
location unknow...
02/16/12 08:00 PM (12 years ago)
Hey Mark, this is a good expample of two very different answers both good. Which is better? Mine, spend a lit bit of money. Yours spend a lot of time. Time is money. For some saying go do javascript is a no starter. For other's it's a perfect solution. I love the fact that many people supply various solutions that the user can select. That's one (among many) of the reasons I write my blog, it's a way for me to supply my solution which may or may not be someone else's solution. Fred

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.