Discussion Forums  >  Status Bar, Navigation Bar

Replies: 2    Views: 150

farcat
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 27, 2012
France
04/11/13 06:03 AM (11 years ago)

Home NOT the first item on tab bar?

Hi Gang, As far as I understand the first screen on a tabbed lay out is the home screen by default. Can the home page be changed to a screen that is not one of the tabs? I have a geo-block plugin (made by the talented @Kitssy) that is my home screen. The user has to tap and be in the defined zone to access the content. Once in I don't want that screen showing anymore and I don't want it to be on the tab bar. Is this possible? Farcat

LA
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 16, 2012
Jerseyville, IL
04/11/13 09:45 AM (11 years ago)
Hey @farcat, You can make your home screen anything you want just declare it in the tabs and in the screens. Not sure about the plugin but maybe you can treat it like a "splash page" and declare your home screen what you want the user to be on and come back to. Just my thoughts! LA

farcat
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 27, 2012
France
04/12/13 12:18 AM (11 years ago)
Hey LA, That's the thing, I want that screen to be used only once (on launch) and not be one of the tabs. Tricky. Cheers, Farcat

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.