Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 6    Views: 321

MGoBlue
Apple Fan
Reg: Jun 07, 2011
Gold River, CA
01/14/12 10:39 AM (12 years ago)

BT 2.0 Android Header Image help needed

Hi Gang, Sorry, but this is a bit of a long post. For ease of reading, all quote marks in code have been replace with single quotes ('). I really need to get header images working in an Android project, do I downloaded the 'menu simple advanced' plugin that the guys at buzztouchmods posted. Despite being listed as working with Android, it doesn't. I really don't like Android or Eclipse, but need to get this figured out for some client apps. So... I think I've got most of the errors figured out, but I'm still running into issues and hoping someone here has either gotten it to work, or can help figure it out. The errors are in the 'BT_screen_menuListSimpleAdvanced.java' and the 'BT_fileManager.java' files. 1. The first set of errors is an easy fix. There are files that need to be deleted from the plugin folder 'BT_screen_menuListSimpleAdvancedBackup.java' 'menu_list_rowsimpleadvancedBackup.xml' and 'screen_menulistsimpleadvancedBackup.xml'. They seem to serve no function, and give Eclipse fits. 2. The second set of errors I've had to fix within Eclipse. I'm sure there's a way to fix in the plugin, but haven't quite figured it out. In both the 'BT_screen_menuListSimpleAdvanced.java' and the 'BT_fileManager.java' files you need to do a 'find and replace' and change 'sparrakortenandroid' to your app package name. 3. There is a typo in this line: this.activityName = 'BT_screen_menuListSimpleAdvaced'; Should be: this.activityName = 'BT_screen_menuListSimpleAdvanced'; 4. The last two errors are as follows: 'descriptionView cannot be resolved or is not a field' 'menu_list_rowsimpleadvanced cannot be resolved or is not a field' From what I can gather, 'descriptionView' is not included in the xml file. I added that reference as follows, and the error goes away. <ListView xmlns:android='http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android' android:id='@+id/descriptionView' android:background='@android:color/transparent' android:layout_width='fill_parent' android:layout_height='wrap_content' android:cacheColorHint='#000000' android:choiceMode='singleChoice' android:layout_weight='1' android:scrollbars='none'> </ListView> In addition, the 'menu_list_rowsimpleadvanced' error is caused (I think) because no files called 'menu_list_rowsimpleadvanced' are in the project. Changing this item to 'screen_menusimpleadvanced' fixes the error. All good. No errors at this point. But, when I run the app, if I click on the menu screen item, the apps crashes. Here is the logcat just prior to the crash: Here is the logcat info prior to the crash. Maybe this will help you diagnose: 12-29 03:48:45.584: W/ZZ(1622): BT_screen_menuListSimpleAdvanced:setHeaderBitmap 12-29 03:48:45.594: W/ZZ(1622): BT_screen_menuListSimpleAdvanced: start GPS is set to NO in the applications configuration data, not starting GPS 12-29 03:48:45.604: W/ZZ(1622): BT_screen_menuListSimpleAdvancedShocknStart using data from app's configuration file 12-29 03:48:45.604: W/ZZ(1622): BT_screen_menuListSimpleAdvancedPfftarseScreenData So, I'm totally stumped after spending quite a few hours last night on this. Any gurus have any ideas on how we can get this to work?

WolfTimJ
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Feb 20, 2011
Rockwall, TX
01/14/12 11:05 AM (12 years ago)
Looks like a typo, doesn't it? 12-29 03:48:45.604: W/ZZ(1622): BT_screen_menuListSimpleAdvancedPfftarseScreenData '...Pfftarse...' should be '...Parse...' Tim

MGoBlue
Apple Fan
Reg: Jun 07, 2011
Gold River, CA
01/14/12 06:25 PM (12 years ago)
Quick update - I got the headers working. Still have a few other issues I'm working out, but getting there!

SirSean
Lost but trying
Reg: Sep 08, 2011
Germantown, TN
01/23/12 10:14 AM (12 years ago)
@MGoBlue - May I ask how you were able to get the header image working? I am developing for Android and would like to have the header on a simple menu list, and I have tried several ways with those mods from buzztouchmods, but I've not had success. Thanks for any help!

KevinPerry
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 10, 2012
Wisconsin, USA
01/25/12 06:28 PM (12 years ago)
Hey MGoBlue, You said you got this working, at least to the most extent. What steps did you take to get to the point you are at. I was thinking of taking a stab at it. The Header Image and SimpleAdvanced are 2 plugins that I could really see getting to work on Android. I have taken a quick look and read this post, but would like to know more info before I see if I can get it to work for me. Thanks

javooooo
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 17, 2011
Sydney, Austral...
03/09/12 11:00 PM (12 years ago)
Hey guys, How did you guys resolve the issues above? I end up with a few errors, after doing the above: descriptionView cannot be resolved or is not a field BT_screen_menuListSimpleAdvanced.java /BT_activity_root/src/com/APPNAME line 834 Java Problem menu_list_rowsimpleadvanced cannot be resolved or is not a field BT_screen_menuListSimpleAdvanced.java /BT_activity_root/src/com/APPNAME line 826 Java Problem This occurs after I've fixed up the package name and the file name issues. Any ideas? I'm totally stuck, and like you am in firing range of a few angry clients.

javooooo
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 17, 2011
Sydney, Austral...
03/10/12 05:22 AM (12 years ago)
Anyone? Should mention I'm happy to pay you for your help once the errors are resolved and app working. EDIT: sorted it out

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.