Discussion Forums  >  Config Data, JSON, App Refresh

Replies: 3    Views: 340

Akshay
I hate code!
Reg: Mar 07, 2013
Pune ,India
04/30/15 06:50 AM (8 years ago)

invalid json generating

hello i have a doubt that buzztouch server is generating invalid json data for my app this is going to be an online app so rectifying json data and using it in app is not an option i copied the whole config data and checked in an online json checker tool well it says duplicate entry can you guys confirm this is error in json creating image : http://prntscr.com/6zwlwk

krompa
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 14, 2013
Bristol
04/30/15 12:22 PM (8 years ago)
Hi Akshay I too copied a new config from the control panel today. It also has duplicate entries the same as yours for itemId, itemType and itemNickname for every screen. The app runs fine though. I plugged my config file into jsonlint.com out of curiosity - pressed 'Validate' and the duplicate entries were removed.

David @ buzztouch
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jan 01, 2010
Monterey, CA
04/30/15 01:39 PM (8 years ago)
Hey guys... Yes, duplicate entries are "not allowed" in the JSON spec and it does look like something is inserting duplicates somewhere when generating the JSON output for the config data. I've seen this before (heard about it) and have it on the priority list... It doesn't appear to be affecting anything "seriously" but should be found / fixed. It will be :-)

Akshay
I hate code!
Reg: Mar 07, 2013
Pune ,India
04/30/15 02:43 PM (8 years ago)
thanks Krompa , thanks David now my app runs fine it was not issue of duplicate entries , but it was issue of JSON i got the solution while searching older posts the issue was "Unused Screens" the json data of unused screens was causing app to not run

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.