teamcaz
I hate code!
Reg: Jun 12, 2011
carlsbad
11/16/14 11:50 AM (9 years ago)

new update to my app question

I have a new app update coming out that I was wondering if there is anyway that I can as the existing users pay for the updated price instead of just getting it for free. The app was originally $.99, now it will be a $1.99 is there a way to set it up where the existing users pay for the update?

mutzy
Aspiring developer
Reg: Nov 03, 2010
Medford, MA
11/16/14 01:15 PM (9 years ago)
No, once you purchase an app it is yours forever. You COULD always make the new content an in-app purchase. Or you COULD always delete your existing app and upload it as a new app at the new price. I actually did that years ago unintentionally since I lost my android keystore signing file so had to make it a new app. Didn't go over well...

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
11/16/14 08:55 PM (9 years ago)
Yeah, I totally agree with @mutzy. Updates to an app should always be free. If what you've done is so revolutionary that you feel people should pay for it, then you could produce a new version of the app and tell people they have to buy it. Or, as @mutzy suggests, you could make the new content an in-app purchase, but how you'd separate that from the people who buy the new version, I'm not quite sure! Mark

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.