Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 3    Views: 462

Hansen
Apple Fan
Reg: Aug 20, 2012
Clive
08/08/14 07:15 PM (9 years ago)

Rejected for using iOS Adv Identifier, but not including ad functionality

Tried for the first time to incorporate the advertising option in a Buzztouch app. I was rejected " We found your app uses the iOS Advertising Identifier but does not include ad functionality." I choose the option to to use the advertising on several screens... obviously that is not enough. What else do I need to do that I am missing, looked for direction, but did not see it. I appreciate any quick help to what I am sure is an easy solution to someone who knows.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
08/09/14 01:52 AM (9 years ago)
Are you saying you wanted to use IAD advertising and enabled adverts for each page in your control panel? Did you enable that with your Apple provisioning profile / certificates too? Alan

Hansen
Apple Fan
Reg: Aug 20, 2012
Clive
08/09/14 03:56 AM (9 years ago)
Thank you for the response Alan, adverts are enabled on about half of the pages. The iAds test ads were actually functioning on my device before I submitted to Apple (& still are). No ad on the front page, so maybe they missed them? Yes on Apple provisioning profile. Is there a specific certificate for adverts? Not certain I have done that that? Thanks you for any advice. Clint

orangetraining
Aspiring developer
Reg: Sep 11, 2012
Maplewood
11/23/14 04:58 AM (9 years ago)
You need to indicate that your app includes in-ad advertising, once you create the application template for submission, if you don't they will reject it immediately. What advertising networks are you using? did you finally get it submitted?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.