Discussion Forums  >  Uncategorized

Replies: 10    Views: 276

Arock
I hate code!
Reg: Aug 27, 2011
Woodhaven
01/19/12 06:33 PM (12 years ago)

My app was rejected.

Hi everyone!! I got my app rejected and they said that I have my images screwed up on the ipad. Supposedly my app is opening up in the top left side of the ipad screen instead of the middle. Here's the full description I got. Does anyone know how to fix this? We found that your app uses standard iPhone screen images in a non-standard way, potentially resulting in user confusion. Changing the behavior of standard iPhone graphics, actions, and images is not in compliance with the iOS Human Interface Guidelines which is not permitted by the App Store Review Guidelines. Specifically, we noticed that the app displayed its contents in an iPhone size rectangle in the top-left corner of the iPad. Please see the attached screenshot for more information.

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
01/19/12 06:43 PM (12 years ago)
Hey, that hurts, know the feeling. Dust yourself down and you'll be in soon. Have you tested on the iPad sim? If you don't increase / alter the spacing between icons on your BT control panel they may bunch up in a corner. Always a good idea to add two sets of graphics as well. Did you do that?

Arock
I hate code!
Woodhaven
01/19/12 07:03 PM (12 years ago)
Hi MacApple. Thanks for the feedback. I didn't test on the iPad sim cause I was more focused on the iPhone. Guess I should start with that, haha. As for the two sets of graphics is that in reference to adding it in the BT control panel or in xcode? Appreciate the help!!!

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
01/19/12 07:17 PM (12 years ago)
Adding in BT mate, well reference them there then add to Xcode. Well worth the effort. The icon sizes and button layout / icon spacing is worth spending some time on.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jun 24, 2011
Oro Valley, AZ
01/19/12 08:04 PM (12 years ago)
MacApple has it right! Need two sets of graphics...one sized for the iPhone, and one for the iPad. And make sure you designate them in your buzztouch control panel, and add the images to Xcode. And always, always, always test, test, test! At the absolute least, you should test on the sim for all devices you plan on supporting. That is absolutely essential. Mark

Arock
I hate code!
Woodhaven
01/19/12 10:57 PM (12 years ago)
Thanks for the help guys. However when I go into my control panel to edit my apps I don't see an option to add different images for iphone and ipad. I'm using V1.4 btw.

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
01/19/12 11:28 PM (12 years ago)
Ah...v1.4...that changes things. You are right in that there are not options to add images for both devices. Have you tried to run it in the iPad simulator yet and see what it looks like? At the very worst, you could disable compiling it for iPhone AND iPad (aka Universal), and just do it for iPhone. That still enables uses to install it on the iPad, but only with the iPhone dimensions. Mark

Arock
I hate code!
Woodhaven
01/19/12 11:37 PM (12 years ago)
Hi Mark. Yes, I tried testing it on the simulator and sure enough...on the iPad simulator the menu is on the top left corner of the screen the same size as the iphone version. Is the only way to do this to make it only available on the iPhone? I don't really care right now if it doesn't get approved for iPad. iPhone/iPod is what I'd after. How do I go about compiling it only for iPhone? Thank you so much for your time, :)

GoNorthWest
buzztouch Evangelist
Oro Valley, AZ
01/19/12 11:42 PM (12 years ago)
Howdy, Check out the image on page 3 of this document : http://www.buzztouch.com/resources/Submitting_Your_App_To_iTunes_Connect_v1.0.pdf Change the Devices selection from Universal to iPhone. That'll compile it for the iPhone/iPod format, but still allow it to be installed on the iPhone, though not as a full screen version. I'm thinking that should solve your problem. Let me know if this helps! Mark

Annonymous
01/19/12 11:54 PM (12 years ago)
Thanks MArk!! Gonna try it right now!!

Arock
I hate code!
Woodhaven
01/19/12 11:55 PM (12 years ago)
Thanks MArk!! Gonna try it right now!!!

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.