Discussion Forums  >  Self Hosted Control Panels

Replies: 12    Views: 219

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
06/26/14 05:07 AM (9 years ago)

Pre-release: wb_addons for BT Plugins...

With Susan's permission, I am releasing (and assumiung support responsibility for) 'wb_addons'. This is an optional 'addition' to your BT Self Hosted control panel, that allows you to arrange locations, contacts, and various information to be used with plugins either as a dataURL, or as a 'childItem generator' to be included in the app bundle. Your choice. The purpose of this is to allow easier use of such complex plugins as my offline Map Kit, my Location Menu, as well as other popular plugins such as Susan's menu with image, or other plugins that can utilize a dataURL. If you're doing anything that has over 10 menu items, map locations, or most any content in 'multiple' instances, you can benefit from using this toolkit. I say it's 'pre-release' because the current documentation is sparse. I do plan to provide additional documentation, and 're-release' the package officially. However at the moment, I just got all the stuff working, and haven't gone through the steps to document it. However, I will. somewhat soon. But for those with an appetite for (reasonably achievable) discovery, it's available now, please provide feedback. 'constructive' feedback. Susan, David, and I have worked hard to make things easier for you by providing this kit gratis. And although Susan and David are BT crew, I am not, and am doing this out of the goodness of my ugly black heart, so shut up and enjoy. On the good side, I have created a You Tube video explaining how to install everything. It was recorded in HD, so you should be able to actually see the screen, if your playback resolution is good enough. It tutors you from installation of the wb_addons from scratch, to displaying dynamically created childItems on a location map on the iOS simulator. For those folks who have a need to understand 'childItem' files, especially 'external' childItem files, you'll want to dig into the engine (the php files) and explore a bit. The same goes for the elusive 'loadScreenObject' quest. It can be dissected here. Current features include: Address Management Auto Geocoding of Addresses sample dataURL's for Simple Menu (childItems and loadScreenObject examples) sample dataURL's for Location Map or offlineMapKit sample dataURL's for Location Menu (childItems and loadScreenObject examples) You're free to dissect these, and make small incremental changes to suit your needs or your plugin. The tutorial video is available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s2h9x30loc&list=UUYNkN_X-ad32vW0IsyYPQYw&feature=share The actual package is available here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/115208762/wb_addons.zip Please feel free to comment on your experience. I'll do my level best to assist in 'trouble' situations, but remember... configuring your app correctly is not my 'trouble'. I'm talking bugs and 'gotchas'. Cheers! -- Smug side note: my original loadScreenObject playkit is still available here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/115208762/loadScreenObject.zip

CMCOFFEE
Android Fan
Reg: Jan 04, 2013
Amarillo, Texas
06/26/14 05:14 AM (9 years ago)
nice! thank yall!

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
06/26/14 07:03 AM (9 years ago)
Sweet, nice job Smug and Susan!

tb
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Nov 03, 2011
Oxford
06/26/14 11:27 AM (9 years ago)
It's out. Finally my lips are unsealed! I've tried it for several months and it is a really good way to manage all the data for various screens.

nadthevlad
Code is Art
Reg: Jun 07, 2012
Denver
06/26/14 02:44 PM (9 years ago)
"Ugly black heart", You know your a softie Smug. Thanks for the hard work.

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
06/26/14 04:22 PM (9 years ago)
Thank you Thank you Thank you

Susan Metoxen
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: May 01, 2011
Hopkins, Minnes...
06/26/14 10:30 PM (9 years ago)
Thank you for organizing this, Smug! We know you have a generous heart.

Calypso Kid
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 09, 2012
Upstate New Yor...
06/27/14 07:27 PM (9 years ago)
Smug Thank you for the awesome video you included with this package. Don't ever remove it from You Tube because I'm keeping it as a reference. I've never even attempted something like this and you made it simple for a noob like me. Now I've been introduced to data url's and databases and can't wait to implement my new found knowledge. Looking forward to more teaching videos from Camp Smug! Thank you a thousand times Dave PS Susan, thank you too for the awesome add-ons!

Niraj
buzztouch Evangelist
Reg: Jul 11, 2012
Cerritos
07/12/14 08:10 AM (9 years ago)
Sweet -- It's a mini-Parse for us! Nice, nice, nice! -- Niraj

Nelson
Aspiring developer
Reg: Jun 06, 2013
Viseu
07/15/14 01:31 PM (9 years ago)
This is Fantastic, I really like to work with wb_addons. Im just starting now but it feals very direct. this is a good job. I noticed two problems. I noticed that when you enter a link in the "Map Utilities" - "Add Map Location" - in "Link to Image (include" http:// ")" if you use "Smug Location Menu with Categories:" in the JSON it will appear with an extra ".png". Ex - "iconName": "sw_0x2f01.png.png", And the number of characters you can enter for the link is limited. This is my link and it is at the maximum characters. http://www.appens.org/control_panel/files/applications/EA98CF7FD484BCBDBA9979E3E/images/rossioxxxxxx Can there be more characters to fill?

SmugWimp
Smugger than thou...
Reg: Nov 07, 2012
Tamuning, GU
07/15/14 03:33 PM (9 years ago)
I fixed the issues with 'png'. Sorry about that. I also extended the length of the URL field to 200 characters, hope that helps. Just redownload and replace. Cheers! -- Smug

Nelson
Aspiring developer
Viseu
07/15/14 06:44 PM (9 years ago)
thank you Smug.

Nelson
Aspiring developer
Viseu
07/16/14 01:32 AM (9 years ago)
thank you Smug.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.