Kryten
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 09, 2012
Birmingham
06/27/14 09:56 AM (9 years ago)

Control Panel changes not showing up

Hi Guys, I guess this will be a bit of straightforward error on my part but.... I have just started actually trying to create my first app and I'm getting a couple of problems right from the word go. 1st off - I downloaded and ran the basic app in the iOS simulator ok but when I make changes in my control panel it doesn't refresh in the simulator. To double check I had made the changes correctly, I downloaded the updated zip and re-ran it and the changes were there. All I had changed was the background colour just to see if it worked. So, anyone know what may be wrong here please? 2nd - I set a simple, non tabbed menu as the start screen with a couple of sub menus just to test it out. All I actually got was a front menu screen with empty links. I'm using OSX 10.9.3 with Xcode version 6 Beta. Thanks in advance for any help.

AlanMac
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 05, 2012
Esher, UK
06/27/14 11:36 AM (9 years ago)
There is a step that you didn't mention. You need to copy the BT_Plugins & BT_Images folders into the project file into the left hand pane of Xcode. If you didn't do this it might explain what you are seeing.

Kryten
Lost but trying
Reg: Jun 09, 2012
Birmingham
06/27/14 11:44 AM (9 years ago)
Cheers Alan, I had copied the plugins but not the images. It's updating now so thank you. Still not seeing the menu items as I expected but that's likely to be something else that I've missed. Now that I'm getting real time updates I should hopefully be able to sort it myself - if not, I shall be back :)

Angry Ninja
Aspiring developer
Reg: Aug 25, 2013
Maine
06/27/14 07:12 PM (9 years ago)
Also, make sure to hit the refresh button in your app after a control panel change, sometimes it caches the json data and requires an app refresh, or deleting the app from the simulator/device and reinstalling it, that will refresh the json as well.

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.