Discussion Forums  >  App Store Rejections

Replies: 3    Views: 1535

tpratt85
Aspiring developer
Reg: Mar 28, 2014
Griffin
03/28/14 07:17 AM (10 years ago)

Mobile Site (DNN) wrapped into an App?

I am trying to determine if there is a process that i can get an existing mobile site (cityofgriffin.com/landingpage.aspx from a mobile device) And turn that into an app? Is there anyone who can provide advice? a colleague of mine built an app with infinite monkey, and it was rejected by the apple app store. So i now I am tasked with getting the city a working app?

MacApple
Apple Fan
Reg: Oct 25, 2010
USA
03/28/14 08:10 AM (10 years ago)
Hi there and welcome to Buzztouch! Few things to get you started. You've already mentioned Apple rejection and they will continue to say no unless you do something other than just submit an app that is essentially a website. They want to see you create something, engage your users, make it interactive, use some of those cool features and hardware they pack into this beautiful lil gadget we call the iPhone. At the moment your mobile site offers users the ability to add the site as an app on your home screen, happy days. Lots of good relevant content as well it seems. Your task is going to be to take all that goodness and turn into a native app. You have come to the right place! Have a look at other apps in the App Store, you'll see they offer a bit more than just a DNN site repurposed. Think about your users and engaging the people of the city. 1. Maps for parks and key areas? 2. Quiz about the city? 3. Galleries for local sites and treasures? You catch the drift? Loads of helpful folk on here will help you out along the way. Have you set up Xcode yet? Played around at all? Keep us posted and you'll get there. Again, welcome to BT, now let's get that City in the Store!

tpratt85
Aspiring developer
Griffin
03/30/14 05:25 PM (10 years ago)
Thank you for you reply. I have not setup xcode but will play with it. If adding a map for the parks etc, to the "webapp" would that be enough to get thru? Is xcode the place to call or load the existing webapp? I have heard webui is what is taking place when an app uses web content? I would like to keep all content up to date and on the web. Is this still possible?

tpratt85
Aspiring developer
Griffin
03/30/14 06:00 PM (10 years ago)
Thank you for you reply. I have not setup xcode but will play with it. If adding a map for the parks etc, to the "webapp" would that be enough to get thru? Is xcode the place to call or load the existing webapp? I have heard webui is what is taking place when an app uses web content? I would like to keep all content up to date and on the web. Is this still possible?

Login + Screen Name Required to Post

pointerLogin to participate so you can start earning points. Once you're logged in (and have a screen name entered in your profile), you can subscribe to topics, follow users, and start learning how to make apps like the pros.